i cant handle the diagnosis of menopause at 32

Posted , 9 users are following.

a month ago the doc told me im slowly entering premenopause. im 32. my new tests suggest im in menopause already. 

im finding it very difficult to accept the diagnosis. google says early menopause causes early death, heart problems..and so many bad things. so ...should i just wait to die?

i cant discuss it with none. this is such a delicate matter that im not comfortable telling none! i told my mum who cant stop crying..and that makes me feel even worse.

but i cant discuss it with friends. you know people talk and dont really understand these rare disorders..how can i tell my 32 year old friends im in menopause? all of them are either married pregnant or in a relationship, i cant shatter their dreams, and...if i tell them they will never introduce me to any of their male friends, for obvious reasons!!

i feel like someone has locked me in a room and theres no way out.

i quit my job because of that so i can move in with my parents. 

i feel my brain will explode. i cant stop crying for the past month. i cant sleep, ive stopped eating. 

i tried telling my cousin but she got very nervous...and then i tried telling a very good friend and she dismissed it saying 'oh come on we are only 32'.

sad  help? 

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Hun, get to the dr and then to an endocrinologist asap. You are really young and it may well be with the right treatment your early menopause can be stopped from happening. But you must keep as calm as you can as anxiety only makes this worse. Get to someone who can medically help you then get in touch with any of us on here if you want or need to talk. Here for you anytime hun. XXX
  • Posted

Hello carrotcake,

?I sympathize with your condition...I am also approximately 32 years old like you but I am going through this hell from my 30's and I am suffering  from PMDD for many years...I read your posts and you said that you do not have any menopausal symptoms, right?

Believe me I have everything on the list...on a daily basis! 

?It is very normal for you to get shocked now but try to stay calm. Focus on yourself and not on anyone's else reaction now ( friends etc) I Do not panic! Try to act in a mature way..I know how difficult and how subtle issue it is especially for a young woman

?

You said that you do not feel desirable for men...Do you have sex desire? This is the main issue... Because in my case I have non existant sex drive..? am a nice girl and men are still flirting me but I have so many troubles with my health and non existant sexual drive that is is impossible to engage in a relationship..I quit my job, my friends and I became introvert ...so you are lucky in your misfortune..because you have no symptoms at all...only some indicative test results.. I firmly believe that there are men out there that can understand your problem...If  someone really cares about you he will  try to support you

?

If you do not mind my question, do you know if your LH value was also high? you refered  that your fsh is high along with low estradiol...I am asking you because I have read that LH surge may indicate ovulation ....Do you have an ultrasound?

?my last blood results was fsh 20,5 LH 18,3 and estradiol 23 on day 3 of my cycle but I am having as I said earlier all the menopausal symptoms...I am also on the verge of disrepair because of my symptomssad

• Posted

hi,

im sorry you are going through this as well. even though its not an incurable or deadly disorder, the affect it has on our perception of ourselves is huge. 

my tests are so much worse than yours. my estrogen is 10 and my fsh is 50!!! so so much worse than yours! and i still dont have a symptom!! up until a month ago that i found out..i did have normal sex drive. now obviously i dont but its cos of my depression.

my lh was normal. all the rest were normal..testo, dhea, 17-h etc.

• Posted

Hi I must say don't listen to Mr Google it's not always true with the internet it's hard I know,your young wish I was that age beautiful you have to force yourself now to get through it.I have been in Peri for 8 years I'm now Post and still going through this mess I think your going to be fine see how it goes from one day to the next chin up sweetie upwards and onwards.

• Posted

the doctor said my estrogen dropped to 10. which means, for him, that im now menopausal and will be entering post menopause soon, at 32. i didnt feel a thing, and i hope i wont. i guess  i spent all my 20s going through premenopause? 
  • Posted

First, DONOT GOOGLE!  It will always give you the worst case scenario.  All menopause means is you will no longer be able to bear children. That's it. It doesn't make you less of a woman. Not all men want children. Most already have them and are done.   Life is precious, go out, enjoy yourself, drink plenty of water, exercise, take a  good multivitamin, mediate, be kind to yourself. I know these things are easier said than done and this is a very hard diagnosis to accept. But you are to young to give up on life. By the way, I'm 58 and still have sex, I still want sex (maybe not as often, and yes sometimes we do have to use a lubricant, but not always, sometimes, my vagina will just lube up naturally. I drink a lot of water and that actually helps and it you need a patient partner that understands.

?We are here for you, just remember that. (((((hugs))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.