I could use some information, please!

Posted , 14 users are following.

I just had the GL this past Tuesday,  had the catherter removed on Friday, went through what most of you seem to have had, my doctor said there was a lot to remove. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

I have the burning and difficulty starting to urinate, I can live with that but my urine sprays all over the place, I really cant stand up and pee without wetting the entire area. I asked the doc, he seemed not to have any concern about this but I do. I can't use a bathroom and not wet what I'm wearing and everything around me. Makes it impossible to go out knowing I will have to use a bathroom at some point. I have had no really bad or too frequent urges.

I also found a blister on the tip of my penis, again the doctor did not have a concern about this other than saying, it was quite a blister and came from the proceedure. He said to use vasoline for a few days.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a rezum procedure and I did the same thing with spraying everywhere when I pee,d but it eventually went away, but I was worried at the time, hang in there and it will get better,
  • Posted

Get a 500 cc plastic sample bottle with a wide neck and stick your penis in there. You will control the spray until your uretha heals. Sounds gross, but if you wear loose clothes the bottle can hidden in your pocket.
    • Posted

Thanks, not sure about this but appreciate your technique.How long does this last at least in your case?
    • Posted

3 weeks, the bottle was invaluable, plus it kept a lot of embarrassing wet pants in public. You can try a smaller bottle butbyou might fill it.
  • Posted

Try a short tube extension, like adapt à plastic bottle by cutting the bttom off and smoothing it off. You want a bottle no more than two inches wide, nor more than 4 inches long. A sloping rather than a square shoulder.

In the home, easy to wash out and dry. Away from the home, washrooms have paper or power driers, no problem really. Pop in yor pocket and you are good to go. Pee into the wide end, obviously, to concentrate the stream

• Posted

I don't spray but urine is slow and hard to push out so I got a urine bottle from the chemist and carry it in a man bag with some tissues. Last night and all day I peed a lot of blood but passing was less frequent and no pain at all but that has now stopped and gone back to little blood but hard pushing again. I cannot get a decent jet out so a small trickle and hard to do standing up and aim for a toilet. Bottle has a closed lid so easy to dispose of and clean.

• Posted

The spraying and the blister will go away. The blister in a week or two, and the spraying will be somewhere between weeks and months.

As for wetting everything in the meanwhile, you can always go in a booth and sit. No one will know what you are doing, and you won't be wetting anything but the inside of a toilet. I had the same problem. I think it might come from things being swollen up inside your urinary tract from the procedure.

Antibiotic cream, such as Neosporin will probably help more than Vasoline.

It might be a good time to consider a more outgoing and considerate urologist.

Neal

• Posted

Hello sorry that your having a problem.  Can I ask you why did you have a Green Light Laser done.  Was that the only thing they offered you.  Not a fan of any procedure that cuts away at the prostate to many side effect.  Well it seam like the catheter was not on you right.  I have the same problem from the last procedure I  had I had a catheter in for 5 days it use to pull down on my head after the catheter was removed the pee hole was bigger. There is nothing you can do but seat down.  It all depands on the force.  Sometime if the stream is slow it comes more from the bottom of the opening but if I have a good stream it goes a over.  Most of the time I seat to go pee if I'm out  I try to get as close as I can.  Take care and I hope you get better.  Have a good day  Ken 

• Posted

I was also offered the TURP method. I did some reading and have a friend of my son's who is a big shot Urologist at Duke Univ. he also said as a rule the Green Light was the way to go with the least possibilitity for issues. All the proceedures remove tissue and open a channel for the flow.

• Posted

Fab May I ask how old are you.  I did not like any of them.  I don't want my prostate cut.  Did not what to deal with retro.  I don't care if I'm not having any kids still enjoy the ejaculation.  How are you dealing with retro.  I have read that there is a small chance that you may not get retro it all depand on how good your doctor was and if he distroyed the bladder neck.  I know sometime we have to do what we don't want to do but there are so many other new procedure out there with less side effects.  Take care  Ken 

• Posted

Kenneth,

I read your many warning posts on retro and the associated sensation before having my Holep, and I thought : "ha, what does he know: he hasn't had it, he had urolift". Also some men with complaints, seemed disturbed by the lack of external ejaculation, but weren't reporting a lack of satisfaction.  Ha, I thought, that's just psychological.  I knew I wouldn't care about retro, it is of no importance to me at all.  But I had a nasty surprise : so far since Holep all my orgasms (as well as 95% retro, which is fine) have been devoid of sensation, and no relaxing feeling afterwards either.  I get normal pleasurable sensations prior to climax, and have no ED, but there is nothing at all to feel at climax, even after oral sex which normally works the best, so it leaves me feeling rather cross and cheated (so far).  It also leaves you with that slight unfulfilled ache, and no way to ever sort it.  I gather there is a chance I might get some sensation back at climax about 1 year on, but maybe not all of what's lost.  Why don't the data sheets about Holep, Turp, GL warn of this ?  It doesn't (partial or complete loss of sensation at climax, as opposed to it just feeling a bit different) however affect all men, only some.  Hard to discern how many.  Truth is though I am darned glad to have the weak flow and horrendous frequency issues cured; don't think Urolift could have cured frequency issue in my case (upwards-pressing bladder).  So maybe even knowing of this outcome, I might have gone ahead.  What a nasty choice to haev to make.  Hadn't even heard of PAE beforehand; too late now ... darn ! 

• Posted

I had the uro-lift because my doctor told me all he had to do is pull the prostate apart.  Which worked for me.  I may not have sex alot now at 61 but I still what the whole thing not just the orgasm.  When I first saw my urologist I was on Flomax and another pill which gave me dry orgasm.  I hated them.  Like you said they are flat and no feeling.  It's like you never had sex at all.  I stopped that pill and called my doctor and told him we have to do something else which we did.  My orgasm are very intense and I don't ejaculate alot but there is still enough to make me feel whole and I enjoy it.  I am against any of the procedure that take anything away from a man. But sometime they are the one that may help in some cases.  Maybe in time you will get some of the feeling back.  We don't know.  I hope it all works out for you.  Life is to short not to enjoy it all.  I have spoke on the procedures at a couple of the hospital  Because they whated my point of view.  My main thing is that a man before he has any procedure done that he gets all the information in can.  The pros and cons.  Before he make a choise.  Because he is the one that has to deal with any side effects.  Also the doctor tells you what he only know from books that he has read.  Unless he himself has it done.  That care  Ken   

• Posted

hopefully after while, you will get back to normal.  I remember 7 years ago, when I had a turp done, I was bleeding and discharge from my penis, lasted for several weeks, and less frequently for months later.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.