I did it Day 3 and surgery went Well 😀😀😀

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Everyone 

sorry i havent written i had surgery on Wed and everything went well.

i stood up out of bed today a day later than planned as i had low hemoglobin so had to have transfusion. But i am ok now. Physio will be in tomorrow for my first walk. My leg is sore but not to bad.

When i stood up i was amazed at how good it felt. 😀

Looking forward to getting better everyday 😀😀😀

talk soon 

Karen

Brisbane, Australia

Looking forward to my walk and i think a shower. 🤗🤗🤗

4 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done Karen!

Take it easy and all will be wonderful, you are through the worse, once those first few days are over, every thing improves.

Veronica

• Posted

Bravo Karen. I hope all those on the site who haven't had the op yet look at your posting and take encouragement from it.
    • Posted

I'm scheduled for the 17th. Your words are very encouraging to me. I've had quite a few surgeries and I usually do very well. I wish it were tomorrow though. I've had this scheduled since the middle of December for various reasons. I am definitely ready. Glad you are doing so well. 
  • Posted

Way to go Karen. You are now an official Hippie!! It gets better with each passing day :-)

Keep us posted please.

Michael x

• Posted

Thank Michael yes i am a Hippie now and it feels great.

i am looking forward to every day getting easier i will let you know how i go after my walk with physio 😀

Karen xx

• Posted

Karen, glad to hear your feeling better and you stood up, well done. Now hopefully you are tucked up and trying to sleep.  Every day you get stronger, good luck with your physio, and with your progress, don't forget we are all here for you.

suexx

• Posted

Great news Karen and as Colin said your positive post will help all    hippies to be on the forum.

💐Looking forward to hearing about your progress from sunny Brisbane💐

Linnet x

• Posted

Karen,

So good to hear of your progress, a sore leg is OK, a painful one is not.

It is a great feeling when you first stand on it, and can feel it rock solid under you and no OA pain isn't it.

That first shower is bliss too - take care, and recover well.

Graham

• Posted

Well done Karen, a week tomorrow since I had my right hip replaced, and I agree with everyone it does get better. I actually slept 4 hours last night without waking, good going as I've hardly slept since last Sat.. 

Take care, rest up xx

• Posted

Barbara,

Oh you reminded me - as well as walking stickless, I am now sleeping through the night too, without those endless trips to the loo.  Both events seemed to happen at the same time.

Graham

• Posted

Very happy smiley me 🙂😊 me today yesterday got told not to come back for 6 months then today got discharged from physio, back to work

on Monday  only a few hours at first,next big step oh still need to get on a bus and loose the crutch.

sue

• Posted

Well doneSue, you will soon ditch those sticks, and get on a bus too.

I have hung up my sticks now (I still keep my folding one with me just in case), and am looking forward to public transport soon.

• Posted

I said to my doctor yesterday, i was so about being addicted to painkillers i never knew you could have a crutch addiction, he laughed when i told him to write a paper on it, he said if he could say it he would.

i use it for balance but proved my balance is ok, so just got to forget it more often.

have a great weekend 

suexx

• Posted

Sounds like we should welcome u 2 CUA I'm a founder member.
    • Posted

Oh Sue,

I know just what it feels like - I had 99 days of not being able to walk without some sort of aid, then suddenly I turned the corner, and found Iwas on a peak in that roller-coaster ride that we are all on.  The day before I had almost been in destair at ever walking properly again.

The lows can so quickly be replaced by highs in this emotional ride.  Since Tuesday, I feel so much more positive - I know I have a way to go yet, I'm only 4 weeks since the revision, but I can at last see the progress again.  Progress seems to stagnate, then take a leap forward.

I am sure you'll soon be as fit as a frisky new-born lamb in the field soon, just like me this week.

Best wishes

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.