I did it Day 3 and surgery went Well 😀😀😀

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Everyoneย 

sorry i havent written i had surgery on Wed and everything went well.

i stood up out of bed today a day later than planned as i had low hemoglobin so had to have transfusion. But i am ok now. Physio will be in tomorrow for my first walk. My leg is sore but not to bad.

When i stood up i was amazed at how good it felt. ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking forward to getting better everyday ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

talk soonย 

Karen

Brisbane, Australia

Looking forward to my walk and i think a shower. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

ย 

4 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Glad your op went ok, looking forward to mine on Tuesday, pain cant be much worse than what I suffering at the moment as I have had to reduce alot of my meds before the op.

Take things slowly.

• Posted

Jill, Hope your pain is manageable until Tuesday. Best of luck for your op.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Linnet xx

• Posted

Thanks Linnetjust hope they do the op on Tuesday and it dosnt get cancelled. I will keep you informรจd.
    • Posted

I think there's a few of us being 'done' over the next week - I'm next Friday and also praying I don't get cancelled. Glad to have your company, girls!
  • Posted

End of day 4 and feeling very good ๐Ÿ˜€

Physio had me up to do very small walk in room.

We will venture out hallway tomorrow

I had a shower (let me just say felt awesome i could have just sat in there and let the hot water run) ๐Ÿ˜€

Catheter out, ivs out and well aside from my leg being tight and sore (which is expected) i feel wonderful everyday i move a bit better. I fully understand i need to move slow and let it happen.

Thank you for another good day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

Talk tomorrow and gl to all the newbies who are right behind. You can do this.

Hope everyone in recovery is continuing to feel good like me :-)

Karen xx feeling happy

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing really well Karen, probably due to your positive attitude. Well done, keep the sunny side up ๐Ÿ˜€

Veronica

• Posted

It's great to make progress that you can see, isn't it.

So pleased for you, keep it up.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

Thank you Rocketman

Yes it is wonderful i know i will have ups and downs but know thanks to all of you, my doc, nurses and my physio (all have been amazing) i am able to take it slow and listen to my body as it recovers.

Karen xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.