i do not know what is really happening to me. is this anxiety?

Posted , 8 users are following.

i got difficulty swallowing, head and neck pressure, symptoms of GERD, nausea and dizziness, blurry vission, pressure at the back of my neck that radiates at the back of my head and make me feel dizzy and ill 24/7..i have this for a month now.. one day i went to the park to have a walk then suddenly i feel dizziness, nauseated, felt cold, sweating, my heart beats very fast, and seems like im going to faint and die,my head was like very heavy and going to explode, my eyes had pressures as well as my sinus..i was really scared that i could not walk back to my house and i stop several times before i reach my house..its scary..i dont know what is going on..my ct scan came back normal..i will do blood test on monday..i am most worried about the pressure at the back of my neck and in the head,,i am also worried about the dizziness that i can not do my daily routine anymore..i feel like i am disabled now..please help me..

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is how it started for me. I'm 28, fit and healthy. All the same symptoms came on at the same time whilst at work.

I went to the GP after a week. He recognised the symptoms and has put me on propranolol 10mg. I'm 3 days unto meds and most physical symptoms have subsided. Just the psychological side to tackle!

Stay focused and positive, you'll cone through.

• Posted

hi rpm, what is your diagnosis?

thankyou rpm..its very hard to live like this..

• Posted

Anxiety. Very mild form but none the less, still very difficult to deal with.

Stay positive my friend. It's all in the mind.

• Posted

thankyou my friend.. i am just worried..do you think i can travel to Philippines despite my condition?i dont know what to do ..
  • Posted

Hi Loiie, I have all of the symptoms that you are explaining.You are not alone. It's been going on for about 7 months now. I have dizziness,light headedness, tightness ine the chest,nausea, weakness, pressure in the back of myhead and when I walk in stores I get the feeling that i am going to fall out. I have been to four hospitals and to my doctor 3 times. Two CT scans were done and nothing, one chest xray nothing, blood work excellent EKG great. I was told I have anxiety. I was given medication to take but after reading the side effects got scared and didn't take it. I am trying to research natural ways to overcome this because it is really taking over my life. I can't work nor go out for long without these symptoms. The pressure in the back of your head could be tension headaches that you are having from muscle spasms in your neck and shoulders. I have two lumps in my shoulders that are spasms. i am really tired and frustrated with this whole anxiety thing.
    • Posted

hello elizabeth, how are you now?im so sorry to hear that you also suffering all my symptoms..please tell me how you getting on with all these symptoms..please tell me what to do..
  • Posted

Hi I have had similar symptoms and have started on tablets for gerd doctor told me that when the is an imbalance in your stomach it can lead to al sorts of symptoms which can then cause anxiety. I have been taking omeprazole for 4 and half weeks now and it's only benefit the last week I've started to feel bit better stick with it and hopefully ul feel better soon. I still have anxiety but it lessened a bit
    • Posted

hello Lynsey, I am glad that you are doing better now.. i hope that me also can find the way out to recovery..its very hard...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.