I don't want to be a burden anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone i'm 21 years old and i've suffered from anxiety for around two years although lately this has got a lot worse. I am a constant worrier and a very emotional person I always think that until someone has actually gone through this they will never understand. I was sexually abused as a child and lost both my grandparents within a small amount of time. This hit me hard and also makes me worry and think that something bad will happen to me especially my heart as my nanny had fluid on her heart. My grandad also collapsed suddenly and I worry about this daily. I feel scared to leave my home and I worry about facing work and people. My doctor has put me on Fluoxetine and Diazepam which I don't feel have kicked in yet. I have so many things daily that I want to do but I don't feel that I can do them what is happening to me? I have an amazing fiance who is doing everything to help me but I feel as though I am a huge burden and this worries me more as I miss the person who I used to be. I have a terrible appetite, chest pain and I feel a hotness in my head when I am stressed with tingling. My medication has made me feel sick but I am sticking with it a while longer. I have my dream job now, i'm getting married in 2016, my family are amazing and my friends so why do I not want to face the world. Is anyone else feeling similar to me? I am not overweight but I always have this feeling that something bad is going to happen to me or that my body will give up on me because I panic too much. Thank you for listening. 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't worry but maybe try to get some exercise and watch your diet. You sound like you have everything going for you. I've been an anxious mess for years but it doesn't last for everyone. I can really identify with the feeling of not wanting to be a burden anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.