I don't want to live anymore but I'm scared of hurting myself.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I'm 20 years old. Throughout my life and school life, I've been bullied. At school, the bullies used to call me ugly every day and laugh at me. They made fun of the way I looked, the way I walked, my voice, everything. They made me hate myself which is still ongoing today. If I could change myself into another person, I would do it in a heartbeat. I was bullied for years which stunted my social growth. I became withdrawn and I stopped socializing with people for the most part. I only had a few friends. This continued for the rest of my school years all the way until I graduated. I made barely any friends and I have no lasting memories. I never went to prom and I never really was involved in school programs and I also didn't have a friend group. Now I'm out of school and I work but I'm still living at home and I don't make that much money. To this day, I have no friends and my dating life is non-existant. I have very low self-esteem from being called ugly all those years, so I'm very self-loathing and depressed about that. Some days I feel so ugly that I don't leave the house or I wear a hat to conceal my face. Don't lie to me and say that "everyone is beautiful" because that's not true. Looks matter and when you're born ugly, the world will treat you accordingly. I wish I was born with good looks, if I was then I wouldn't have experienced the bullying and my social life would've been bettter. Every day I obsess in my mind over what it must be like being a good looking person. I also think about how I hate that I was victimized and bullied throughout my life. Sometimes I get enraged thinking about it and I sit in my room until my anger subsides. I have a lot of anger deep inside about it. Sometimes I just wish I could have the courage to end my life. I'm too scared of hurting myself so I think about it sometimes but I can't take action. I just want the pain to be over. I'm tired of being a loser, that's all I've been for my whole life. I'm just the person that everyone puts down and laughs at. I've literally been a laughing stock for people for most of my life. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I'm completely hopeless and I have a bleak outlook on life. The only thing stopping me from killing myself is the fear and also I think about my family and how they'd deal with it. I hate my life. People say that life "gets better" after you suffer from bullying and abuse but it doesn't and it never will. You're just left with the scars and pain from it. I just wish it could be over. I never asked to be born, I never asked for bad looks, and I never asked to be bullied. 

6 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Looks do not matter. God made us perfect read the bible and you find out special you are. You are God's creation do you understand that.

• Posted

Looks really do matter. It's a proven fact that better looking people are treated better by society than ugly people do.

• Posted

We may not be perfect. No one is. Those who you think are happy are probably not. We all have our own struggles. We fight our own battles. You just couldnt see it some of us hide it well. You may have this issue others probably have drinking problems, abuse, rape, family violence, drug abuse ect. We all have a story to tell. You are not alone. Stay strong💪 You have made it this far. Take it a day at a time. John🙏I'm here if you need me.🙌

• Posted

You and the 20 y/o version of me should hang out. You are not a loser. On the contrary, you are probably cursed with the gift of being sensitive and unique. It sucks, I know. People suck, and life is a s**t show. Also, you’re young. Every problem seems so insurmountable when you’re young. Life doesn’t necessarily get easier as you get older, you just get better at dealing with it…or, get medical help like I did. For now, just know that I’m out here wishing that I could snap my fingers and make all your pain go away. I hope that helps. If not, I also wish all the bullies in the world would fall off a cliff.
    • Posted

I just don't see the point in going on if it doesn't improve and I'll never feel better. I'm tired of waking up every day and being reminded that I'm ugly. The things I went through were severe. I'm never going to have high self esteem or feel like a normal person, so what's the point?

• Posted

John i been bulliedd and i also have social anxiety. I always been extra shy and know its hard being around alot of people. But im fighting against those bad memories and those bad thoughts about myself... And you know who is helping me...God... If you start praying to him he will reveal himself to you. I know you dont believe in God but how are you not going to believe in something that you never gave a shot at.. That's not fair to him...you are Gods creation, he is waiting for you to cry out to him. Talk to him the same way to tslk to us..he us waiting on you

• Posted

There is no God and he isn't coming to my rescue or anyone else's. If he was real, fair, and cared about me, then why would he create me ugly? Why would he create ugly people and also create beautiful people? Beautiful people get benefits just from being attractive, ugly people don't. There's only negatives to being ugly. That's extremely unfair that some people would get created beautiful while others are ugly.

• Posted

John I do hope you’re getting the help you deserve. My precious son of 19 passed 7 weeks ago, showing no signs whatsoever of any problems, he registered for uni and was starting to make new friends very quickly and was quite shy. Please please talk to some or an organisation they can help. What you’re going through is not the way it has to be, you’re young and life will be a journey of ups and downs . Have you been to gp or phoned an organisation so that’s a starting point. The pain ,suffering ,disbelief  it leaves behind is pure devastation. Our family is in shattered pieces and his brother of 15 is lost.

It’s changed our lives forever and each day we struggle with his loss. We don’t know why and never will as no signs but you are brave enough and believe me you really would leave so much crippling heartbreak.

Your welcome to contact me back.

Keep safe ??????????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.