I dont enjoy anything anymore!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I used to be fun and full of life, and patient. Now . . . perimenopause -

I'm hot, tired, and so very sad. I ache all over, cry at nothing and wake up mad as hell. I have many nagging headaches.  Its too hot to go outside.  I cringe when I think about going out in a crowd.  One other person in the aisle at the grocery store is one too many for me. I drop things and after 3 attempts, I just throw things. I run into furniture and doorways,  I can hardly utter a complete sentence without losing my words.  I just want to be alone! 

I used to be the person that everyone came to with their problems.  They still do, but I find myself so much less sympathetic.  I want to scream "Boy, you dont know what a real problem is!"  

What makes me smile?  My husband leaving for a long business trip.  My beautiful granddaughter.  A funny movie. What time of the day do I enjoy?  Bedtime.  All of the days expectations melt away and sleep is my favorite escape. It's the one thing I'm still good at.

I obsess over every conversation, every comment made to me, everything I do, everything they do.  Even the past.  Things I thought I had gotten over already.  I'm an over anxious, boring, teary-eyed, violently shaken bottle of soda.

I take black cohosh, evening primrose oil (really worked on my sore breasts btw), and chasteberry, calcium with magnesium, on top of Fetzima.  And I would trade sore breasts for the mental anguish anyday.

Nobody I know has had it this bad.  It sometimes makes me doubt the hormonal angle, and think I really am losing my mind. 

Thanks for letting me vent.

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel like I could have written at least part of your post.  This has slapped me down hard and fast...I want my old self back...and things just need to stop irritating me so much...sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.