I dont enjoy anything anymore!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I used to be fun and full of life, and patient. Now . . . perimenopause -

I'm hot, tired, and so very sad. I ache all over, cry at nothing and wake up mad as hell. I have many nagging headaches.  Its too hot to go outside.  I cringe when I think about going out in a crowd.  One other person in the aisle at the grocery store is one too many for me. I drop things and after 3 attempts, I just throw things. I run into furniture and doorways,  I can hardly utter a complete sentence without losing my words.  I just want to be alone! 

I used to be the person that everyone came to with their problems.  They still do, but I find myself so much less sympathetic.  I want to scream "Boy, you dont know what a real problem is!"  

What makes me smile?  My husband leaving for a long business trip.  My beautiful granddaughter.  A funny movie. What time of the day do I enjoy?  Bedtime.  All of the days expectations melt away and sleep is my favorite escape. It's the one thing I'm still good at.

I obsess over every conversation, every comment made to me, everything I do, everything they do.  Even the past.  Things I thought I had gotten over already.  I'm an over anxious, boring, teary-eyed, violently shaken bottle of soda.

I take black cohosh, evening primrose oil (really worked on my sore breasts btw), and chasteberry, calcium with magnesium, on top of Fetzima.  And I would trade sore breasts for the mental anguish anyday.

Nobody I know has had it this bad.  It sometimes makes me doubt the hormonal angle, and think I really am losing my mind. 

Thanks for letting me vent.

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yep, this is me to a T. Waiting to get my life back but watching it pass me by. I've been in Peri at least 7 years and it feels like it may never end. If someone could only tell me when it would end I would grit my teeth and and mark each day off of the calendar and feel like I was getting there, but no, I have nothing to work towards and that for me is the worse part - the not knowing. I cling to the rare 'good' days - good days by Peri standards that is. Thank goodness for this forum and all the women like us going into battle every day. Lonely warriors. Bless you all and keep up the good fight. I for one am going to award myself a ruddy great big medal when (if) I come out the other side!??

• Posted

Hi i which I new the end myself to this madness so I can do a count down, but there is no time limit

Everyone that been through and finish says you will get up one morning and it will be over so looking forward to that day in post.

• Posted

Denise, I have been helped by many seemingly caring women in the last few days with a problem I have; therefore, I care enough to contribute food for thought to your problem. I am not a medical profession, but work in the mental health fields. I respect what you are feeling and would not disrespect you by trying to label you. You sound depressed. Do you snore? You may need a sleep study. Have you heard of the correlation between snoring and depression? Ask your doctor about this or better yet, research yourself before speaking with a physician.

This is merely food for thought. The best to you.

• Posted

Sesha, while in peri/menopause phase some women do become depressed as a result of our hormones being off balance. This is why some women are put on anti-depressants. She maybe depressed but from hormonal imbalance. Giveaway is she's hot, cries at nothing, and mad. Typical symptoms of hormones being off.

• Posted

Thanks for clarifying. That is why I was careful not to sound judgemental. While having empathy for what she is going through; but not yet understanding how hormones play a significant role in how it affects us psychologically (because I am not there yet), I focused more on what she could do to elevate mood. You're right, now that I think about what's she's experiencing from a horonal perspective, it makes sense.

I stand corrected when it is presented in the understanding and gentle manner inwhich you offered it.

• Posted

Hormonal....not Horonal    lol
    • Posted

I knew what you meant. We just need an edit button for those of us that are perfectionist lol.
    • Posted

Hi Shesha,

I used to snore when I smoked (about 5 yrs ago), but recent reports from family and hubby says not so much anymore. 

And thanks to everyone for the thoughts and well wishes.  Support really helps.  I've thought about hrt, but my mother had an estrogen form of breast cancer, and I wish the studies would clear up whether it is dangerous or not.  Three out of six of my great-aunts had breast cancer - only the ones who took hrt.  That's a scary thought, also.

• Posted

Denise you have a much higher predisposition of getting breast cancer due to your family history with hrt. Look for alternatives like Macca and VD3 and other natural remedies. Flax seed oil as well. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi Denise - I have started HRT & it has been a life saver! I feel nearly normal agian.

I do take Vit B12 - super strenth fish oil, & Osteocare tablets.

• Posted

Totally TOTALLY know where your comming from....and definately am thé same....

Please know your Not alone...xxx

• Posted

Feeling the same here Denise...in fact some days I am genuinely scared I hurt someone so frustrated angry and sad, I want myself back and so do.my kids.....I weep gnash and pray every day for this to be over.......hugs all round xxx
    • Posted

Hi I just read your post, I hope that you are doing well

today. I feel just like you do. Praying this all ends soon.

Are you taking any vitamins or anything?

• Posted

I keep getting a pop up video on this site. Does that happen to you? Anyway no I don't take vitamins. I wasn't advised to.

• Posted

Few doctors would ever advise you to take vitamins, but Vitamin D3 acts as  mood enhancer also called the "sunshine pill," because it will lift up your spirits. Vitamin D3 is one of those vitamins you most definitely need to take to avoid cancer, lack of sun, etc. I would suggest you start taking it and see how you feel after taking it for 1 month. It will change you mood for the better if you suffer from mood swings due to peri-menopause.

• Posted

Yep...I swear by it!  We need it up in the North West US where we live!  Works wonders!  I sound like a broken record don't I?  LOL

• Posted

Yes, but it's okay! It's advice few doctors ever give there patients so may as well tell everyone here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.