I dont enjoy anything anymore!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I used to be fun and full of life, and patient. Now . . . perimenopause -

I'm hot, tired, and so very sad. I ache all over, cry at nothing and wake up mad as hell. I have many nagging headaches.  Its too hot to go outside.  I cringe when I think about going out in a crowd.  One other person in the aisle at the grocery store is one too many for me. I drop things and after 3 attempts, I just throw things. I run into furniture and doorways,  I can hardly utter a complete sentence without losing my words.  I just want to be alone! 

I used to be the person that everyone came to with their problems.  They still do, but I find myself so much less sympathetic.  I want to scream "Boy, you dont know what a real problem is!"  

What makes me smile?  My husband leaving for a long business trip.  My beautiful granddaughter.  A funny movie. What time of the day do I enjoy?  Bedtime.  All of the days expectations melt away and sleep is my favorite escape. It's the one thing I'm still good at.

I obsess over every conversation, every comment made to me, everything I do, everything they do.  Even the past.  Things I thought I had gotten over already.  I'm an over anxious, boring, teary-eyed, violently shaken bottle of soda.

I take black cohosh, evening primrose oil (really worked on my sore breasts btw), and chasteberry, calcium with magnesium, on top of Fetzima.  And I would trade sore breasts for the mental anguish anyday.

Nobody I know has had it this bad.  It sometimes makes me doubt the hormonal angle, and think I really am losing my mind. 

Thanks for letting me vent.

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Everything you are saying is so like what I am like. I am on HRT but the anxiety is still there,my body feels tense and revved up. Looking back over the last 7 months it has been a frightening and nightmare of a journey. I to used to be sociable,outgoing and looking forward to going places well now I am a different person. I can't plan anything. I never know how I am going to feel from one minute to the next. I feel so guilty if I can't go anywhere. My husband tries to understand but could never understand it because I don't! I feel like an anxious wreck.

• Posted

Michelle, maybe you need your dose looked at, you shouldn't be feeling this way with HRT.  Give your gp a call and let them know it's not making you feel normal. Maybe you need the bioidentical kind if you're not on that type. You shouldn't be feeling this bad with HRT. I know from experience when I was on them and not feeling better it was changed on me and that worked wonders. You should do the same. Hope you take my advice, hope this helps. Take care.

• Posted

I have patches that supply the estrogen and progesterone tablets for half the month. What are the biodentical ones? Can you take this if you were still having a light period?
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice. My doctor said it was me not allowing myself to get better. I don't feel I can talk to her. I feel she is fed up with me.

• Posted

Bioidentical is a hormone replacement similar to your bodies hormones. Yes, you can take it anytime. Still you shouldn't be experiencing the symptoms you say not with HRT unless they are not working which is what it sounds like to me. My doctor changed mine after 1 month of not feeling better, you should also do the same if you want to feel normal again your gp should find something else that is better suited for you. 

• Posted

Then get a new doctor, no doctor should make you feel as if she is fed up with you. This is not a good doctor to me. Find someone else who will listen and understand that you're on HRT that isn't working. Your doctor is just lazy and doesn't want to be bothered with, change her if you can.

• Posted

Do you suffer from dry mouth? That's what exasperated my depression and chronic depression. I get up in fear which is dibilating. I need to find a job and I find myself with no hope all the time

• Posted

I will book an appointment. Your right I don't think she is very helpful. I know they are so busy but that's not an excuse. She makes me feel like I'm a wreck and not once has she mentioned trying other Hrt. I do take biodentical Hrt. What progesterone do you use ?

• Posted

Estrella,

I have Sjogren’s and Lupus, both are auto immune diseases, and I have dry mouth something awful, as this is one small part of symptoms.  The only thing that can be done is to floss to keep your teeth and gums healthy, or you will lose the teeth due to the bacteria.  There are some products you can try, tooth paste, and mouth wash.  Some say it helps, I have not found this to help me.  They also have gum made by the same brands.  The only thing that helps for me is I drink water all day long, with a bottle of water by my bed at night, and I chew sugarless gum on and off all day long.  It is not pleasant by any means, but it is about all one can do.  You can call your dentist, as they can give you a couple of names of products to try.  Also, you will have to have your teeth cleaned twice a year due to this.  It’s not funny, it is serious if you don’t want to lose your teeth.

You should go see another doctor, you could have something else going on that could be happening along with the meno/perimeno.  It might be a good idea to be completely checked out.  In the meantime, even be given a anti-depressant until they get this worked out for you.  If I were you, I'd get rid of the doctor you have been going to for sure!!  You need someone that is competent, and that pays attention to you!!

• Posted

I'm not on anything now. I was switched to a low dose birth control pill when HRT didn't work on me. And that made my life all the better until I went off of it, which I shouldn't have done because when I tried to go back on it, it stopped working. I had to opt for herbal remedies which in turn did work for me. I do hope you get a doctor who can help you.

• Posted

I'm being tested for this. I had blood work done last week. I don't have the dry eyes and I feel fine when I wake up but when my depression kicks in I start getting worse. I've gone to so many Drs. It's ridiculous. I even when to the ER once.

• Posted

Just a little note in response to toi waking up in fear....I am thé same,iv now gone on to Zocloft anti d...Just couldnt stand it any more ..take care x

• Posted

Thank you. I think They're going to put me on Prozac. Do have dry mouth too?

• Posted

No dry mouth...But...have to say First few days on Zocloft was odd,But now...nearly a week and i feel so much better already...x
    • Posted

I'm so happy for you. I'm better when I take 2mg of Xanax in the day time. I feel a lot of my dry mouth is psychosamtic. I seem to be able to cope better when I'm on it. I have a Drs. Appt on Monday. Let's see what happens. Thank you lisa326

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this, but I was tested and i don't have  Sjogren’s.. My question is, is there a cure for this horrible condition?  If it's from a medication and i stop it will the dry mouth go away?  I need some hope here, it's a mission for me to wake up in the morning and deal with this..I've been suffering from depression/anxiety and panic attacks, my phychiatrist is treating me for this and feels it will get better once my mental health improves and I won't think about it 24./7 it's taken everything i used to enjoy away,  and she feels I'll be ok..what do you think?   But I want to know if there is a cure (If the saliva glands will start working again) if anyone knows, please let me know, cause i'm at my witts end

• Posted

Have you tried chewing gum? Gum helps produce saliva. Give it a try, if that doesn't work then have your doctor change your medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.