I feel a failure.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I feel such a failure. I'm a trained nurse I give other people advice all the time yet I cannot help myself...let alone others. This is so difficult. I thought I was healthy. I eat well and have a positive disposition...well I used to. Will I ever be the same again????????? I feel really really low. Are there any words of encouragement? Help!

3 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It sounds like you need a short course of anti depressants.
    • Posted

not such a helpful comment craig....and definitely not what i need. am getting what i need from the other replies here.

but what about you? are you feeling low?

liz

• Posted

Sorry as soon as I posted it I realised, but I was hoping to reach out in a different way from my own personal expierence anti depressants have helped me see another side to life.

Don't rule them out just "because"..

Kind regards

• Posted

have you tried rhodiola?

it can change and lift the mood within one hour!! is very nourishing and sympathetic to the body where something is missing.

apol accepted..as you're not a clinician but I'm glad they helped you. can you address whats behind this?  how are you now? whats happening with you?

• Posted

I know how you feel. I am so depressed! My husband and I have been digging in on websites trying to get some information on this dreadful disease. I wish someone would come up with a cause and a cure. My LS flares really bad and each time I get more and more blisters and itch. My whole body is disfigured from chest to thighs. This latest outburst caused my skin to shed three layers and left me raw and in cold shocks. I had Shingles many years ago, and had the same cold chills when it began to heal. This is actually like living in Hell. Hope that you are not that bad.
    • Posted

oh dear selina I am so sorry to hear about this.

I feel i'm making rapid progress...sort of an inside out job!!

Planning to try a detox too...don't ask!! It involves lots of poohing...well hopefully.

I hope this little note cheers you up and I am wishing for a recovery for you too!

• Posted

That's a lof of suffering Selina.  I have had the Shingles twice and when some spots appeared under my arms I thought at first it was the shingles again.  

I'm trying to live without too much stress (doesn't always work)  and a strict diet without sugar, alcohol, gluten and without most dairy.  There seem to be no clear solutions or answers for this disease.  

It's more a kind of routine that keeps things at bay - alkaline diet, bakings soda rinses and baths, coconut oil application after every rinse and glob for maintenance.  

• Posted

Thank you and yes, I have tried detoxing too. Good luck. I am feeling a bit better today. Prednisone is keeping new blisters away and I am getting a little more sleep now thanks to Ativan. All the best.

• Posted

No difference. When this disease flares, it's like a forest fire that only nature can put out. It has to run it's course. The rash is clearing up now but the itch is still very intense, I also have cold shivers when I change my clothing. It's very close to a shingles outbreak, but my doctor says it isn't.

Hope you find your own way to get this disease under control. Good luck.

• Posted

oh gosh selina ...i'm so sorry.

what to suggest...but somehow you 've given a hint...its running its course. That sounds very brave and practical of you...but i send sympathy and energy.

thank you so much for your good luck wishes..its very nice to speak to you and i'd love to hear how you get on and that this thing burns itself out for you. Thats such a good way of looking at the episode you're having.

• Posted

Thank you. I have to think positive. In my life I have had to deal with a lot of stress. It did take it's toll but through it, I learned to be strong. This winter, I suffered a concussion and bowel blockage., Both of these were stressful on my body. I believe these two made the LS as bad as it has been. But, thankfully Prednisone stopped the blistering. Now I have to deal with the sores drying up and the itch that is so intense. I have to wear my clothing inside out, cannot stand the seam threads, and elastic is terrible too as is spandex and lycra. That kind of eliminates a lot of clothing. Basically I wear an old cotton nighie, inside out and change the room temperature to cool. I moisturize often with Aveeno with oatmeal. Nice to chat with you. Keep in touch.
    • Posted

lovely to speak to you too selina! thanks!!

have visions of you drifting round town and country in an inside-out nightey !!!!!!!!

• Posted

hey paula

what were you trying to say (in different words). Am sure it must have been vital.

I replied to one of your threads about whats known about LS...

You are being very very helpful. GOLD STAR!

• Posted

I was worried this would happen. The moderator deleted my comment because it was just about the survey again. I was going to go through the forums and post information about it in case anyone hadn't heard about it.

Because of the link to the survey all the comments would have to be moderated so he just deleted them and explained that the things he's done already will get the word out there. Thanks for the Gold Star.

• Posted

Paula if you want to get the message out there - hit the envelop to private message  individuals - these messages are not moderated

I have just read in another thread  the gynaecologists and other doctors have suggested that their patients read these messages on this site  - so  the information IS filtering thro.. Thank you for the survey

• Posted

This is great news Sue and accords with my experience!

Yes Paula I add my appreciation of your survey. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.