I feel alone the pain can't cope I feel like going hospital

Posted , 8 users are following.

I Ave cts in both my left mild and my right is now moderate to severe it's the constant pain I can't deal with ......waiting to to hear if more injections or operate ....I feel like I am moaning all the time tried different tablets sick of takin them ... tried cream no effect .... pulling my hair out do I go to walk in tell them can't cope or wit till Monday push what's happening so fed up crying and down ... feel like a softy

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, 

you are not a softy, it's pain like I have never had and have had two kids and hysterectomy years ago, 

• Posted

Plus a whole new knee 10 years ago. I'm going to have injection next week, hope I'm luckier than you, I think you have to keep insisting that treatment not working. Have you consider Acupuncture, I had it years ago on my back and it did the trick, so shal go for that if nothing else works.

Chin up

freda

• Posted

How many injections have you had so far.and how were you graded on the scale of 1 to 6 to how bad the CTS had gone
  • Posted

Some people do get severe pain with CTS, though not all. We don't really understand why there should be so much difference in this between people with otherwise seemingly identical CTS so you're not 'soft'. However it is important to be sure that the diagnosis is right - it can be all too easy to just assume that a hand pain is CTS when there are many different painful hand conditions, some of them quite common and often coexisting with CTS. I'm not surprised by the lack of response to pills and creams as there is no real evidence that any of these things actually work for CTS. The response to steroid injection however is quite a useful piece of information - if it got a lot better after injection, even if only for a few weeks, then that is fairly good evidence that the problem is CTS and also quite a good indication of the sort of response you can expect from surgery. In terms of immediate self help - have you got splints?

• Posted

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your reply, no I've not tried splints as I have an injection booked for this coming Friday, I hope it will help, meanwhile I just massage my wrist to try and release the nerve. I'm almost sure I have done it through double lock doors I have, I am on my own quite a bit so having to push handles up quite hard,is not doing me much good, shall have to go back to old type locks and bolts I think.Still must follow Dr advice for time being, All the best

Freda

• Posted

Thanks for replying so far had tests twice in two years recent one showed moderate to severe ... injections had once only relief for 6 weeks they deciding whether operation or more injections ....waiting game .... been to go to doc been put on cocodomol and a stronger ibuprofen and gotta ring Monday push what they doing next ... sleeping a lot while in pain is normal they said so gonna take regular see what happens thanks to finding this forum for people who know what I am talking about is a comfort in itself
  • Posted

I do have splints as well
  • Posted

Unfortunately 'moderate to severe' doesn't mean a lot as there is no agreed definition for these terms and different labs will describe wildly different results like this. Make sure your splints are adjusted correctly (see my website for instructions) and wear them every night. The good response to injection for 6 weeks suggests that this is probably worth surgery but if you have a significant local wait for surgery you could re-inject them while waiting, to get some quick relief. Dr J Bland

• Posted

Send me link to u r website too look at how to wear splints properly please
    • Posted

It's hard to post links on here as they get moderated - look for carpal-tunnel dot net - if you see what I mean. Dr J Bland

• Posted

First- have you had an EMG? That will tell them if and how severe your cts is. If not, get one asap.

Second- don't waste more time on injections or pain pills that don't work.

Third- if Dr. Feels you are a candidate for surgery, SCHEDULE it asap. I personally recommend getting them both done at the same time but that depends on your job and home duties. I found it best to get it over with all at once and was able to take time to recuperate. Only takes about 10 days- 2 weeks to heal though longer to get rid of pain from healing and regain strength.

Fourth- wear splints all the time if possible until surgery.

Lastly, I had mine done on January 20, 2017 and came out of surgery with no numbness since! Really glad I did it and wished I hadn't waited so long!

Good luck!

• Posted

Like many people with successful surgery MooMooGrouch is a bit of an apostle for the operation and that is understandable. Life is a bit more complicated than he/she thinks though, and surgery, though usually successful, is not a universal panacea. Gather as much information as you can and make a rational decision about it. For well selected cases surgery is the right answer but a perusal of the forum here, and on my own site, will show you that there are also some very unsuccesful operations so get yourself as well informed as possible. Dr J Bland
  • Posted

Oh.... I am on my 2nd week of recovery from bilateral carpel release.. have you seen you primary care doctor? Then they refer you to have a nerve test done. Then from there you meet the surgeon to ask questions and meet them then surgury.... and I tell ya, I haven't slept this good in YEARS! I'm dreaming... I have so much energy.. but it's a process to see the different doctors.. I felt your pain.. so sorry

• Posted

And I also want to add that I was exercising my fingers as soon as I woke frome surgery. And after surgery my doctor said it wasn't necessary to wear splints. So after I took the bandages off and just wore a bandage to cover switches. Aside from the incision site, I've not really been in pain. Returned to light duty 1 week after surgery. I wore my splints even though Doc said not to, I don't think he knew i was going back ...

Definitely both at the same time.. but have help for the firstly week because you can't open door knows or prepare food and really keep hands up and elevated and iced forster 2-3 days!! Really umportant

• Posted

I had the electrodes test thing said left mild right moderate to severe ... After pushing yesterday managed to get stronger pain killers takes the edge off lovely ... gonna push tmw see what they decided I think I really want the op now had enough work already prepared and understanding. ..........I love this forum so good when u talking to people who in same situation .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.