I feel like I'm dying..

Posted , 12 users are following.

So, I've been diagnosed with GAD and severe depression recently and I've had my good days and I've had my bad days. I've had constant tension headaches that make me do nothing but cry. Lately I've just been feeling down, no energy to do anything, weird pressures in my head, my head feels heavy, I'm dizzy, my chest feels heavy, it's hard to breathe sometimes (I don't know if I'm holding my breath or hyperventilating. I can't tell) sometimes my cheeks get super hot and red but I don't have a fever.

I've gone to my doctor for fear of a brain tumor because I had a bad pressure feeling on my left temple and I was dizzy and it was constant and she told me I had nothing to worry about, that what I had was a tension headache (or possibly a small migraine) that it's all just anxiety. My psychologist says the same thing. My thyroids are perfect, I've had bloodwork done and everything is fine, I just find it so hard to believe that anxiety and depression have the power to make me feel so bad. Why is this happening to me..?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Everything you have said sounds just like me. Sometimes I even have a Burning sensation in my head. When I start to panic or get worried I start to feel that. I'm on lexapro and Xanax so I dunno if I'm just having bad side effects or what. My doctors all day the same thing your docs say. But then I called my client who is a neurologist and he said I should get a second opinion and get an MRI which scares me but he said we at least need to weed things out but that scares me even more. I hate the way I feel and just want to feel like myself again.so I understand
    • Posted

My body just feels weak and all I wanna do is lay down in bed because I'm scared I'll faint and all I wanna do is just cry..
    • Posted

Girl I feel ya. I just want to laugh. That's all I want and and to stop feeling so bad. And keep thinking I have a tumor or something. It scares me sad
    • Posted

It scares me too. I wish I could laugh or just move around, enjoy myself but unfortunately I don't have the energy to do so
    • Posted

I feel light headed and dizzy and I can't focus on anything I just want to lay in a dark room. My head feels like it's going to explode and I'm stuck in my own head so reality seems far away from me
    • Posted

I feel the same way sometimes but right now I just feel lethargic and my head feels heavy sad
  • Posted

Hi Cindyloo, 

Sorry to hear what you are going through at the minute, it sounds like you are having a real rough time and stuff. 

A hell of a lot of people on this forum including myself can relate to how you are feeling at the minute. I had always been a "happy go lucky" sort of person without a care in the world up until about 18 months ago when an allergic reaction to some everyday hayfever medicine triggered Anxiety for me. 

I had exactly the same thoughts as you are having now! You feel that rubbish that your mind works overtime and you convince yourself that something must be really wrong with your body for you to feel the way that you do. I convinced myself every other day that I was really ill, I had bad headaches as well and found myself thinking the same as you. I was ridiculous with it checking my pupils and balance and everything! I felt like I was going absolutely insane!

But this is Anxiety for you! I am pretty much out of the tunnel at the other end now thankfully, I still have my ups and downs but I would like to think that I am getting on top of it all these days and that I don't let it effect me as much. 

The key for me was to understand what they body does or at least what anxiety does to the body. The whole "fight or flight" thing and the over working of the brain can make us feel pretty rough! In fact it can make us feel shocking! But the truth is that as horrible as it makes us feel, it can't hurt us and eventually things return to normal and you start to feel better again. 

When we start to stress or get anxious the body does a number of things. During panic attacks the body releases Adrenaline as it's natural "fight or flight" response. This increases the pulse and the breathing and everything else as the body is convinced that it needs more oxygen in order to react against what we are telling ourselve is going to happen. The truth is that it is all something manifested in ourt heads and nothing bad happens and as we eventually coime to realise this our body returns to normal and there is no harm done what so ever.

It's a vicious circle because we sit waiting, convinced that something bad is going to happen and although it doesn't we work ourselves up and this tires us out, it increases the blood pressure and makes us all achy and lethargic and dizzy and everything else which again makes us feel something bad is about to happen and you just go round and round and round. 

You have to break the cycle Cindyloo, it is really hard but that is how I came to deal with Anxiety and eventually get the better of it!. At my worse not a single day went by without me suffering and feeling ill. From first thing in a morning to last thing at night I felt horrible!. Once I understood what was happening with my body I began to test myself and push myself more and more. I started to do things to keep my mind and body busy. I started decorating the house and I started to go places and everything else. I did more and more every single time and eventually I was in control on things and was beginning to push the Anxiety to one side. This taught me that I didn't have to worry about things, after all I had been doing all sorts of stuff and nothing bad what so ever had happened. As time went on things got increasingly better and my body began to feel better bit by bit and although I have the odd of day even still now, the majority of the time I am back to my normal self again. 

You can beat it hun but you have to take steps towards doing so. You have to take the positives and build on these. You have had a whole load of tests and these have all come back fine, this is great news right? Challenge and push yourself bit by bit and you will start to realise that you are able to get back on top of this!. It is scary and it isn't easy but you can do it if you really try!

If you wanna chat any more about it feel free to message me, I'm always willing to listen x

• Posted

I just hate feeling this way and sometimes when I feel like I'm okay, I start thinking about that I'm okay and then it all comes back full force..I hate living this way..
    • Posted

Hey. I understand how you feel. I have the same thing and its stressful because i already have a real illness called cystic fibrosis which affects the lungs...but i can deal with that. The anxiety is honestly so much worse. I keep thinking i have more problems than i do. I got checked out by 3 doctors including my eye doctor. They noticed nothing wrong with my eyes, and therefore my brain is okay. In the hospital twice, blood levels were great. Everything was great!

so i ask myself, why do i feel like this when i keep getting told I'm okay? It doesn't make sense. But that is anxiety. Once it triggers it doesn't make sense. You just have to fight fire with fire. Keep going despite the anxiety. Being stagnant creates more anxiety. You just gotta keep truckin'

• Posted

Hey i know how you feel. sad I've had all the anxiety symptoms. Shortness of breathe, chest pain, dizziness, light headed... you name it and I've probably had it. Lately the shortness of breathe and fatigue is really catching up with me. I did a small chore today and felt like I had ran a marathon afterwards. sad I didn't think anyone else felt as tired as me until I read your post.
    • Posted

Today has been a real challenge and now on top of it all I think the lunch I had didn't sit too well with my stomach so now I have the urge to throw up :\ so on top of everything, there's that lol I feel like such a mess
    • Posted

I feel ya girl! This burning sensation I have been having in my head scares me to death. Day by day can be frustrating and we just have to stay positive that this will soon pass. I hope and pray I'm ok. Same to u too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.