I feel like I'm going mad!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Does anybody on here suffer from dry eyes, sinus problems, ringing in the ears, and a weird feeling in your head? I mean like a every once in a while a weird throbbing? Sometimes I wonder if I have a brain issue or something. That sends my anxiety through the roof. I'm so glad I can vent on this site! Seems like there is always a new symptom and you freak, because you think somethings got to be wrong, because how can each new symptom be related to hormones and menopause! Then the anxiety about your health kicks in. You just want to take lots of drugs and crawl under the covers! Talk to me ladies! 😧

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Juanita, no your not going mad it's menopause madness, there nothing wrong with your brain...I was like that when it first started had CT Scan and found nothing meno plays with your thoughts telling you have this you that but reality your fine it's very hard to deal with at times I'm better then was but because I'm still transioning to the 12 months mark I still get symptoms 

two many people on this website has same issues so it makes me feel better that I'm not on my own..we are all hoping to be back to ourselves and we will with time it just takes patients but I seem to have none, hang on there you will be ok.

• Posted

Thank you Maria. I feel better. The truth is I'm coming into most ofy symptoms late. I had my last period in 2010. Other than hot flashes and itchy flaky breasts I was fine until 2014 when the bottom dropped out. But it seems like now symptoms are new weekly. The anxiety about my health is the worst. But like I said the hot flashes have stopped and my sex drive is back. My appetite isn't the best either.

• Posted

Oh my heavens....yes!

I have the same issues and have been dealing with them for several years.  I thought I was going crazy but after reading other responses on this board I know it's hormonal.  I have very dry sinuses and eyes which develop into a headache behind my eyes and down the back of my head.  I also have this head pressure feeling and a pressure and ringing in my ears.  The head pressure makes me think my blood pressure is sky high but when I check it it's not as high as it feels.  I do have high blood pressure so have to keep an eye on it.  The ringing in the ears is annoying and its most noticible to me when I'm trying to go to sleep.

For me, these come and go, which makes me believe it's hormonal. It seems like I'll have them for days and then they will go away.  As a matter of fact, I'm having problems with it right now. A few days ago woke up really nauseated and crashing fatigue all day...didn't even get out of pjs.  Yesterday was better but my acid reflux has been acting up. By last night my sinuses were so dry they hurt and my eyes very dry. I use a saline sinus spray and lubricant eye gel and drops.  My eyes get so dry that when I wake up it feels like my lids are stuck to my eyeball and sometimes, if I wake during the night I have to put drops in.  I also woke with a sinus headache and this pressure/buzzing weird head feeling.  

This is menopause roller coaster ride is no fun...hang in there!  This site is a lifesaver full of so much support and understanding!

• Posted

tmpearce, Yes! The head pressure thing! I have that too! I also have to put Vaseline in my nostrils because they're so dry! The dry eye thing comes and goes. Last night I when I woke up to use the bathroom I had to put drops in them. The ringing comes and goes to. I seem to be worse in the spring and winter months. Today I have a slight sinus headache and I'm not tired, but I'm still in my jammies and it's almost 1pm.

• Posted

Hi I'm 49 an in peri meno and yes I have all those things... dry eyes so bad I can't open in morning without my drops.... also get those weird pressure headaches so bad certain times of the month.... it all causes anxiety such a vicious circle.... I take supplements.... my gynae suggested they seem to help next is hrt which I only will take for last resort....Goodluck. ..xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Which supplements do you take? I'm about at my wit's end right now and really don't want to take HRT as I have high blood pressure. I'm 55 and had partial hysterectomy 14 months ago with ovaries left in. I thing the ovaries are failing now or have pretty much failed. I take a vegan multivitamin for women over 50, fish oil capsule, vitamin D3, occasionally magnesium supplement (it upsets my stomach), B12 supplement and calcium on the form of antacid chew I take at night.

• Posted

Hi michelle! It's scary isn't it? When your eyes are so dry you can barely open them. I've been on HRT off and on for a total of nine months. The first time I felt great, but after two weeks I started bleeding. I called my gyno at the time and the nurse encouraged me to keep taking it. I called several times and the nurse kept telling me to continue taking it. Well after three months I stopped taking it. When I went in for my yearly gyno appointment I told him what was going on and he told me to stop taking it! The nurse really had no business telling me to continue taking it. She should have consulted with my gyno, which she didn't. The second time I was on it for six months and it started bothering my fibroids so I stopped again. The third time I was on it for two weeks and I felt like I had been run over by a truck and my hair started falling out. I just can't take the stuff.

• Posted

All of the symptoms you have mentioned are a part of the menopausal journey.  There are several good charts that list 100 or more symptoms, as our bodies attempt to adjust to these changes and hormone deficiency.  

Sorry, I know it's miserable, and very frightening at times.

• Posted

Hi gailannie! 100 symptoms? I believe it! The longest list I've seen list only 37. I will google to find the 100 list.

• Posted

I can print the list here if you'd like.  I got it from a endocrinologists book on menopause.  

• Posted

Hi

I have all of these symptoms at the minute, got my eyes tested yesterday and no sign of dryness my eyes are constantly dry?!!?? How is this possible... baloney hormones. I've also got the weird head thing front, back, temples, sinus issues, ringing ears. I haven't even bothered going to GP as it's a waste of time, I'm just battling thru. I also get bad joint pain at the minute and was found to have low vitamin d so I take a supplement for that. I've gone from 28 days regular flow to anywhere between 21 and 33 days really heavy for 2 days, now this month 27 days and really light. How are we supposed to make any sense. And my boobs are really now too. God it's hard work. I get confused on what else to take there's so many different symptoms don't know where to start. Squishy hugs lady's it's a rough ride. Xxx

• Posted

Hi juanita ive been suffering your symptoms for so long as well as daily headaches and dizzy spells and stomach disorder that i cant remember the last time i felt well. Ive had scans all over my body including a brain scan and had blood tests for cancer diabetes thyroid glands and numerous othee tests that have all come back clear. I have now decided that im not taking any more medication so i have stopped my hrt and beta blockers as im sick of being pumped with chemicals that obviously arent helping me in any way. Im trying my own positive approach and going for it with healthy eating .
    • Posted

Hi Yvonne! I had to get off HRT too. It wasn't helping. I still take my bp meds, cholesterol meds, and acid reflux meds. I am also on a anti depressant. I hope one day to stop taking at least two of these. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and getting some healthy food. I already drink plenty of water and take a multivitamin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.