I feel like I'm going to die

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone felt like there going to die feel got feel like breathings slow tight head I don't no what this is doctors have said it's anxiety but I don't

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Those are the classic symptoms of anxiety. They result from too much cortisol and adrenaline in your body. Anxiety is real mean dude and likes to get your attention. You most likely feel weak, tired, and shaky too. It's all anxiety. You do feel like your about to die, but you're not even close to doing that. It's a bad feeling.

See if you can meditate with a Youtube video. Any changes? When you feel the symptoms remind yourself "It's just nervous energy" over and over again,

Close your eyes and feel the sensations, Talk to them, Tell your mnd you are OK and safe and that the breathing problems and chest pain can go away.

It's a battle.

Have you had your thyroid, vitamins, minerals, etc, tested?

• Posted

Yes.anxiety likes to make us feel we're dying along with lots of symptoms.you may have lots symptoms or just few. I've struggled for yrs. should tell ur doc especially if get worse. Something could have triggered it or sadly just one of millions who could be prone to it. You won't die .it can be horrid but you doing right thing asking what it could be.see doc and keep talking to people who have it and care that you get better??

• Posted

Thank you guys it's really bad I have it every day al day I feel like I carnt cope I try meditate just carnt relax doctors saying it's anxiety but feels much worse to me is it just me or does anyone else feel like that xx

• Posted

Sunnycms is right. They are classic symptoms of anxiety. I have had those since my 20s. But now I'm able to control them with proper breathing technique and listening to audio meditations called guided mindfulness meditation's  found on YouTube .

there are many meditations there that you can choose from and anxiety, depression, sleeping, etc.    I use earbuds and lie down.

if your symptoms are due to anxiety, they cannot hurt you! You are feeling the effects of adrenaline that the brain releases when you're anxious. But you can be in control! I know it feels very uncomfortable but that's the worst it can do. I always  recommend a visit with your doctor to relieve your mind.

Breathing Technique 

get comfortable and Breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose making sure your belly rises,then exhale longer slowly through your lips as though you're blowing out a candle. Think of how the air feels coming in and going out. Do this several times..

when you get a negative thought, or anxiety in your mind, don't try to fight it off because that will make the anxiety worse. Just calmly acknowledge the negative thought and then imagine it drifting off in the sky  and dissolving kind of like how a firework dissolves in the sky. Do this every time you have a negative thought or an anxious thoughts. If you keep doing this eventually it will be automatic. Remember your random  negative thoughts  are just that, they are only thoughts and not a part of you.   

get exercise because that releases a feel-good hormones from your brain and helps calm you down, eat healthy, socialize, do things you enjoy and don't forget to laugh and smile! 

Hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

I'm on citalapram 40mg I'm on waiting list for concealing I av it for years I have a 7year old 5year old and twins 10month I can't sleep because of feel anxious if I do sleep I wake up scared heart pumping I've been to my doctors loads of time they say it's anxiety but I still do t believe them I'm really scared am going to die and leave my beautiful family my anxiety starts soon as I'm awake and stays with me all day long ino there similar symptoms to anxiety but I feel much worse

• Posted

So sorry you feel like this but really does sound like anxiety( maybe alongside depression. When I was first told it was anxiety I thought no your wrong I think I'm dying. The symptoms were terrifying and just wouldn't go away. Wanted someone to say l was right and it was something else but over the years I've learned .anxiety don't seem serious enough with my hellish symptoms but believe me anxiety is hell. Can't imagine having to cope with all your kids as well this won't help. I could hardly look after my dogs. Speak to doc. Get some help. Don't expect a miracle overnight but everyone who replies will reassure you it can be treated. Think your at your lowest now but I still have anxiety but have great times and know the bad will pass. Keep talking here and tell doc what you've told us. Keep us updated, great you've reached out. Remember at your lowest (talk) ??

• Posted

Thank you av been to doctors so many times I was on sertraline felt like they wasn't working they put me on citalpram since been on them I've felt worse can't sleep anxiety more then usual but I've had it for years I've been hospital thinking I'm dieing been doctors thinking I'm dieing but they tell me the same things all day it just feels av got to forse my self to breath always concentrating on my heart

• Posted

My heart races like mad. Only take diazapam( small doses) as easy to take too much if they calm us. It calms me a little, then I can push on. Many meds didn't help at all. Anxiety makes you fear your hearts going far too fast. I thought mine was bound to pack in . Still races after 20 yrs but I now know it won't kill me . It's hellish but I've learned to live with it. Keep talking if you feel good and especially if your having a bad day. Takes your mind off it a little and you don't feel alone in your own head??

• Posted

Yes mine feels slow tight and weird always on edge keep blinking loads I carnt describe what my head feels like but I've had the head feeling for 2 weeks I really do feel like it's a matter of time b4 I die

• Posted

Your not going to die. Your heads telling you that(anxiety)you need to talk to us.a lot of us have this but please see a doc about obsessing about dying you defo need some help there as well as our reasurance. Glad you're replying. Also don't feel redicilous this is more common than you think but you shouldn't have to feel this bad when there's help out there. Keep us updated??

• Posted

It's really bad there's times like now I wanna go hospital for them to do checks there's symtoms I can't explain feels like someone squeezeing my heart

• Posted

Can't stress enough anxiety will do this and we do think we're dying.when I thought my heart would pack in he wouldn't send me to hospital as he said he's sees so much of this with anxiety. You really need something to calm you down. We can talk and tell you how ours felt but think you need to tell ur doc it's actually driving you mad. This sounds awful. I know how scary it is and your brain just hurts from worry, ??

• Posted

I rang my doctors up today no appointments but a doctor goi g to call me bk I'm really scared for my kids I don't want them seeing me like this it's so scary you no it awful.i live in Bradford the worst place ever for hospitals

• Posted

Talk to me anytime . I live up north so we're on same timescale. Don't panic,(easy to say) talk about what's going on in your head. At my worst my mum dragged me to meetings and docs etc, anything. Knew my heart was coming out of my chest but knew sitting thinking about it made it worse. Looking back it saved me . Needed to stop my mad head. See doc. Talk, it's hard but stick in there. You are stronger than you think. Slowly but surely. ??

• Posted

I just spoke to my doctors he said it's definitely anxiety she's gave or propanolol for the racing heart but I feel like my hearts slow sometimes not fast I feel it really pumping when havein a attack but now scared it my heart is slow what if the tablets stop it

• Posted

Sure tablets won't stop it . They calm you to regulate your heart. Like me your thinking worst again . Doc wouldn't have given you them cos when mine was racing I had the same concerns and doc told me when hearts not racing don't worry. I tended to take when I got up if racing then leave gap cos still in system then take if gets bad. Maybe before bed if it will relax or reassure you. This is what I did but check with doc. Please don't start taking them like sweets if they make you feel better as I've got in big trouble taking to many . Hope they help but remember talk and try to think more positive now you have people to talk to and your battling this problem??

• Posted

Hi meant sure tablets won't stop your heart will regulate it if fast and when slow it will just be calmer , not stop. ??

• Posted

Aww thank you for talking to me yur a real help I told her on the phone am going to die she's like no your not there doing a 24 hour ecg to reassure me ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.