I feel like I'm not here. Can somebody help me?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I think i really need help. I have so many problems with myself that i really dont know what to do anymore. I've been suffering from mild anxiety for about 4 years but last year it all went down to hill after one tragic event in my life. Since then, I've had very strong health anxiety for literally every part of my body. After some time I stopped telling anyone about this since i didnt wanna worry them so I literally cried myself to sleep every damn night. I checked everything, did every test exept MRI. Of course, everything came back ok.

But my condition has gotten to the point where Im pretty sure im losing my mind. About a month ago I noticed that the back of my neck got weak and my head felt so heavy i barely held it straight. With that came the dizziness, detachment from reality, everything feels like im dreaming, my vision is blurry like in a dream, often i also feel like im underwater like i have this strange pressure in ears and i hear muffled sounds. When i stand up or try to walk i feel like im levitating, like my legs arent there. And very head movement makes all these sensations even stronger. My fatigue has become unbearable, I dont feel like doing anything, just so tired and sleepy all the time. Nausea is part of my days too. As I said this has been going on for about a month and its the worst Ive ever been. Cant even cry anymore. Forgot what its like to feel healthy and normal. So please if ANYONE experienced anything like this or knows how to relieve this please let me know. Im truly desperate.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been feeling like this too.. I have forgotten what it is like to be normal I just want to be me again.. I have gotten to the stage where I just stay in my bedroom and don't like going out of the house it makes me very anxious

• Posted

Im so sorry you are going through this also. Its truly horrible. Im just so afraid of getting seriously depressed because of this. Lets just hope we feel better soon. Take care!
  • Posted

Only thing we can do is keep fighting.. I try my best every day but there are days I just don't have it in me.. I hope we get through this.. if you would like you can message me I find when someone else to talk to that is not family or friends it makes it alot better

• Posted

I have too.. like I live here but dont know how to process everything...I get anxiety over every little thing lately...I took my dad to his dr appointment and was freaking out the hole time thinking hes gonna be told hes gonna die which was not what happened at all...I feel like I need to run, cry and scream all at the same time...
    • Posted

Im so sorry.. Yes I also worry like hell for my family, more than i do for myself actually, every little thing makes me lose my mind.. Its a terrible terrible thing
    • Posted

Ya I worry about so many thing and it just drives me crazy
  • Posted

I had the same thing in my twenties. Horrible symptoms, went on and on for a long time. The derealization was the worst!

ALL due to stress and anxiety that built on itself over years.

When stress goes on for a long time, the body has a breakdown and that’s when symptoms appear. Symptoms are not the problem. The problem is unmanaged stress and anxiety.  Symptoms are your body’s way of telling you that you have too much stress.  Fatigue, weakness, dizziness, blurred vision, head pressure, etc. I’ve had them all! And more.

As long as you have had a checkup with your doctor, then work on reducing your anxiety and stress.

im in my fifties now and doing much better but if I let anxiety take over.  I may have a symptom here or there. No big deal. I ignore it. 

Listening to meditations for anxiety helped me a lot . Find on you tube.

Dont act with anxiety when you get symptoms or they will get worse. Take a matter of fact attitude.

Any symptom related to anxiety will not hurt you. 

Worry is a useless emotion causing needless anguish!  

Dont take life too seriously.

Counseling helps.

You are NOT losing your mind.

Fear and anxiety has taken over your thoughts but don’t have to.

Theres a great book called Mindfulness that teaches you how to regain your peace of mind and conquer anxiety.  Many people on this site are reading it. 

Be strong and do things that relax you even if you have symptoms.  Take care.

🌸🌸🌸😁??

• Posted

Thank you so much, this really helped, its kinda good knowing someone went through this and now feels better. Gives me hope that I will be alright some day.
    • Posted

I agree 100% with what Jan wrote above.

?I know it's hard to think this when you're in the moment of high anxiety, but it does help me personally to tell myself over and over that it's "just" anxiety.

?I'm not sure if you've been in to see a doctor yet, but that might help too. I know not everyone likes them, but I have had a big improvement being on an SSRI the last five years. It helps me see things a bit more clearly.

I think I might also order that book mentioned above:-).

• Posted

I’ve felt this way going on 6 months now.. I also have anxiety and depression. It’s horrible I know. If you want to talk about your symptoms you can msg me. Hang in there.
  • Posted

I feel like this to but more worse I'm 15 years old I wish I can go to doctor and check me out but I cant my mom and dad wont do nothing I feel like having heart attack everyday something's moving me my heart my brain please someone I think this is my last day I'm coughing blood i cant get up i think I'm gonna die today I really wanted to tell someone please if this happens to you please get help!

• Posted

I feel like this to but more worse I'm 15 years old I wish I can go to doctor and check me out but I cant my mom and dad wont do nothing I feel like having heart attack everyday something's moving me my heart my brain please someone I think this is my last day I'm coughing blood i cant get up i think I'm gonna die today I really wanted to tell someone please if this happens to you please get help!

• Edited

• Posted

Hi everyone!

I've going through this for couple of years. I was afraid of dying, losing my mind or death of family member.

The reason of this feelings is related to fear of abandonment, fear of being lonely, lack of self-control and the need to run away when the things get tough. Inexperienced emotions from childhood of each one of you is the root cause of this condition. The best solution for getting better is to visit psychotherapist, not just psychologist. You need to talk, talk and talk in order to experience all your inexperienced emotions are fears, this is the cure of this condition. You don't need any medicines, please do not do take any. I know there are times when the feeling of losing yourself is so strong and you think you are going to jump from balcony, you won't do it. I didn't to it.

Major reason for this condition is your current relation with your parents also. If the bound is too strong with them and you are 20+ years old then you need to break the bound and live as a "independent" person. I know it would seem almost impossible in the beginning but you have to do this. You have to do your own choices and make your own decision without caring of the opinion of your parents. If i ask the question while you are this condition "Do you need a confirmation and ask for approval even for small things?".

Other possible reason is the reversed of the above. When there is no bound between you and your parents and actually such bond has never existed. But often this does not lead to anxiety but to other symptoms.

I can talk a lot more but will summarise the most important:

Be strong and believe, if you thing there is no light in the tunnel, there is. If you thing you will die, you wont. If you think that you will always be in this condition, you wont. All you need is to experience the inexperience emotions from the past. You need to talk about it, this is the only way, but not with your family, your family is the reason to feel this way, so conversations with them will only severe the symptoms. Psychotherapist is the best choice.

Good luck! You can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.