I feel like i'm not in my body [[CLICK PLEASE]]

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi!

Okay first off, some Information.

I'm 13, Female, and english isn't my first languages, in fact German is.

However.

I always get a strange Feeling, Like I'm not in my body...

Its like i'm just floating around, while watching my body.

Also, I dream as third person, Like i'm watching a movie or something.

rolleyesI Kinda feel weird. It's Like I'm not the only one in this body...

but whatever, its just a feeling i have.

Also, I do things without Even doing them myself, I get dizzy for no reason, And i always see weird flutter for no reason.

I feel kinda lost, Cause it started Last year it was pretty harmless .

But it excaleted quickly. I can't concenctrate anymore, although i'm a person who really concenctrates easly. I loose the focus

I forget EVERYTHING, what i've eaten 4 secs. ago and what i was going to say/do. I told my mother about all this, she was slightly shocked, I dont understand why. I also Got the memory of someone else. At least it feels like that, I remember places/persons i actually don't know!

And I always feel different, Sometimes I like cute, girly stuff, than I like more boyish stuff like skateboarding and stuff i always change my interests.

I need help...

I don't want to see a doctor, all i'll get is some weird medication.

And also, the reason i put this discussion in anxiety disorders so more people see it! lol

x Missy

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What if its the experience of loneliness... this detachment from your own body and seeing the world differently does it start when you are alone and feeling lonely might trigger it?

I have this kind of feeling that my body isnt mine and i so much want to control over it and be one with my body but i think its because im a lonely kind of guy i enjoy being alone think play alone i ve been the imaginative boy i day dream of heroes from books and tv i love cartoons i became creative that way...

I really think its the experience of loneliness after reading all the comments in this threads...

Dont worry because if its loneliness then you dont have to be aware of danger we knew what loneliness is before we were born we were alone in our mothers stomach

• Posted

I have something called depersonazition or derealization, I'm 15 and after reading an article about it I feel a lot better about it. It has to do with anxiety and is harmless. It sounds like something you might want to look at if you're searching for answers as I was.

• Posted

Hey!! I am 14 years old and I also go through what you are going through 😃 I often question who am I? Or what am I doing? Is this real or am I just some blob of nothing... My advice for you is to stop over thinking or to stop believing what your mind tells you.. my mind often tries to convince me that I have to believe everything my mind comes up with... You are in control of your actions not your mind and you ARE present.. sometimes it's hard to believe we we are present because we are so caught up with what our mind is telling us.. if you ever feel like you are not in control just tell yourself I got up and ate breakfast because I was hungry... I drank this water because I was thirsty... I looked up my symptoms because I was worried about how I am feeling.. you are in control not your mind.. always remember that you are obsessed and not possessed.. you are obsessed with the feeling that you are not here or a negative thought you may have had where you were like, oh my gosh why did I think that? And often we tend to believe everything and think everything bad will happen to us.. if you are obsessed with a thought it doesn't mean you have OCD if you are constantly thinking you are lost it doesn't mean you have multiple personality disorder... We are in control and we can control our thoughts...Even if it seems impossible..

I highly encourage you to write down how you feel in a journal and decide if these thoughts are worth it... For an example, if you are having thoughts like " I'm just living" "I have no emotion therefore I must have something mentally wrong with me" think about if those thoughts are going to get you anywhere... Or if they really matter.... How do those thought make you feel? If they make you feel bad or worthless then decide... These thoughts are stupid therefore I will not approve it.... Don't spend your days worrying and thinking about how you have to get rid of a thought... Instead, think about what you are thinking and shrug your shoulders at the thought... Your thoughts are imaginary so please don't believe everything that crosses your mind... This will take time to overcome... It's easier said than done to stop thinking negative thoughts... But I want you to be aware that you are FINE and this happens to a lot of people so you are not alone... And there is nothing wrong with you.... Keep your head high and live life don't just exist😃😃

• Posted

I've been feeling like this for a month or too now I can't really remember tbh, thinking about my anxiety and dp and dr it seemed so good because it happened for a short period but now it's lasted so long and I'm sick of it, I can't go out with friends or anything but I'm on propranol 40mg at the moment, I'm a 20 year old male, quite healthy except from the binge drinking at weekends. Propranolol helps with the anxiety abit but the dp and dr is killing me, plus I worry about my breathing all the time it's weird, everyday I wake up if I can't get the littelist bit of sleep I feel like I've never seen my own house before, my family, everything, it just seems so distorted and like I've never seen my family before and it's all new to me. I hate it. Maybe one day soon I'll forget about it all hopefully. It feels like I'm wasting my life away and it makes me think nothing's real and I'm going to die a disappointment, I've got to the point where I can go for a 5 min walk every so often and then the chest gets tight and I can't breathe but I'm working on it, I was a regular exerciser riding a bike non stop for atleast 4 hours a day and I'm trying to build it up so I can do that because I've heard exercise really helps. Sometimes I think that I'm just a hologram and nothing's real but I'll tell you lot if you just pinch yourself it does kinda work, you can feel it, it kinda helps a little bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.