I feel like I’m the only one going through this so bad ?

Posted , 20 users are following.

I read so many posts about hot flashes moods irritatability .  is ANYBODY else completed debilitated with fatigue and the darkest depression ??? 

Why do I feel like I’m the only one going through this ?

Who else has gone to bed whilst it’s still light outside ? I have for 5 months ! 

Who else has considered ending it all?

Hot flashes are NOTHING compared to this .

2 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow 15 years I’ve been on and off it for 10 years , I’ve been off for 4 months and going back on it, hope you don’t mind me asking 🙁 did HRT help your mum thank you 🙏 

• Posted

Hi Lori, yes I too struggle with recurring anxiety so severe it's like the worst feeling of dread. It's dark. At those time I don't actively considering ending it, but I have thoughts that it would be okay not to exist. I go to group therapy where I'm able to talk about this and also listen to others. We help each other out. I've leaned look at it like the weather. It will pass. I keep saying this to myself. This will pass. It's not a cure. It's not relief either. It's just something to keep me going. I try to keep my hands busy. Rake, sweep, hand quilt, sort. Anything that's rhythmic and can keep my mind distracted. Hang in there Lori. I wish I had a magic wand or an instant cure. It's hard, I know. Just keep writing here and let all these great lades talk to you. It's takes us all helping each other out. Hugs!!!

• Posted

hi kimberly

i just reread your post, and it is soooo supportive. I am just sitting in a mindset of fear and anxiety which creates a sort of darkness thats hard to describe. Just really creepy, dark, scary, shaky inside..ominous.

so i understand your anxiety very well.

support going your way

x0x0x0

• Posted

Hi Mauiblue,

Thank you and sending hugs and support to you too. We sure all need each other. 

You got this. One day at a time. Make sure to take time for yourself. I know that’s hard for us, but it’s important. 

I’ll be thinking about you. 

• Posted

I wanted to mention that group therapy sounds realllly therapeutic. They dont have that where im at but if it were available i would be going for sure. 

xoxox

• Posted

I go to an anxiety/panic disorder group. I really wish there were a menopause group, but this online forum is a good addition. I read the discussions here often, I just don't always chime in. I guess even online I'm still an introvert.  I'm having some good days right now, but they are always dampened with the thought that the dark days are just around the corner. Sigh. I'm praying your dark days pass quickly for you. Keep checking in so we can rally around you and get you through this. You're worthy of better days!

• Posted

Hi, I have diabolical hot flushes day and night. I also have very strong anxiety and depression, as well as problems sleeping. I was prone to anxiety and depression before. I can't take hrt as family history of cancer. The whole thing really pi**es me off, especially as I work with people in their late teens and twenties who don't know what I am going on about. I am always exhausted and I snap and say things I would never have dreamt of saying before; which can be dangerous if you want to keep your job. At times it all seems too much and impossible to cope with, like the rest of the world is passing me by, people getting on with their lives, and I can't persuade myself to do things I used to enjoy; because I don't really enjoy them anymore. It's worst at night, although I run to the toilets in tears at work because the slightest thing can have me in floods of tears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.