I feel so fat... but I can't stop binge eating.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi smile I hope you're all well. Anyway, here's my ramble:

I can't stop binge eating. I want to stop but I don't know how.

I started to binge last year, in around September, when I started university. I'd binge eat (on biscuits, chocolate, cereal, etc) at an almost daily basis. I wouldn't stop - even when I felt sick from eating so much - until the whole packet was finished. I don't really know why I did it. I suppose it was partly because eating was a way of distracting myself from thinking bad thoughts, and partly because I didn't like leaving packets of food unfinished - I had (and still do have) this 'all or nothing' frame of mind. I felt disgusted with myself after every binge.

About two months later I bought myself some bathroom scales. I then became obsessed with weighing myself. Despite having a weight in the 'normal' BMI range, I felt so fat and unhealthy - and I knew that I'd put on even more weight if I continued to binge eat all the time. And so I tried hard to restrict my intake whenever I can.

However, these restricting days didn't happen often enough for me. I wanted to lose a lot of weight - and my intake to be low for each and every day. But it's so hard to stop the binge-eating.

This leads me to where I am now. I've recently begun to make myself sick after every binge (which happens most days) because I don't want to put on weight. The muscles around my stomach are hurting. sad

And at this moment in time, I feel like my eating habits are out of control. I feel like I'm stuck in this binge-purge cycle. I'm scared of putting on weight. I've had a panic attack over how high my BMI is. All I see on my body is a disgusting amount of fat.

In the past, I didn't care so much about my appearance - but now I feel as though the whole world is judging and shaming me on how fat and ugly I look.

I really hate my own mind. And I don't really know what to do with myself. I've told no-one in real life about these eating behaviours.

So yeah. Thank you so much for taking time to read this (very long) message. I really appreciate it.

(P.S. If it's of any use, my height is ~161cm and my current weight is ~122lbs. My BMI works out to be ~21.3 - and that's way too high for my liking. I want to weigh much less - and even be underweight...)

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am going through the same, I even tried to stop for lent but I couldn't I would try to stop but don't worry TOO much, your BMI is still low enough to join the British Army.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.