I feel spaced out, drunk/high 24/7

Posted , 60 users are following.

I've felt like this for about 3 weeks now. It hit me like a bus. One day I was perfectly fine, and then the next I felt like I was half way through my 10th pint on a Friday night. And it hasn't stopped since.

I feel spaced out, I struggle to concentrate on things. It's really hard to explain, but my vision seems to focus intensely on one object (like an up close macro photograph) & then everything else around me seems to fall away.

I can still function day to day. I can still talk to people, walk/run, make food etc. but I constantly feel drunk/high.

I've got exams coming up within literally weeks and this just cannot continue in to that period.

I don't know what to do. Welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

PS: I've never been on any medication before and blood pressure etc. are all fine. All good in the health department.

1 like, 118 replies

118 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi did you find a diagnosis, or has it went away? I've the exact same thing

• Posted

Hi,

I myself have had this for 3.5 years and I have every test under the sun done. Can I ask all the testing you have had done and is there anything that triggers your symptoms? What symptoms do you have? How long does it last for? I finally have found some answers to my symptoms and I am hoping I can help you get the proper diagnosis.

• Posted

Can you tell me what testing you have had done? What symptoms do you have on a daily basis? Does driving make it worse?

• Edited

Anyone recovered ?? Im feeling worse...were you guys taking any medecine around the time this happened ?? Did you get tested for lyme ?? Im desperate to get my life back ...
    • Edited

me too .. did you find a cure ana85762

• Posted

Hi,

How are you feeling any better? Please message me I may be able to help you get to the right doctors to get a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

i dont want this to be long , i want it to go back where it is . it started on last tuesday around 2pm out of the blue while i was driving

• Posted

its called derealization, it's scary i know, you can get on anxiety meds to help and counseling helps to

• Posted

its most likely derealization which has to do with anxiety, it's very scary but you can go to a psychiatrist and they can see what specifically you have wrong with you and since derealization connects to anxiety they can possibly give you medicine for it. counseling helps too

• Posted

i feel this way. Eveey waking minute of the day since i was 13. im now 30. over half my life. I have never found a way to make it go away. i just live with it now. please let me know if you figure out a way to help

• Posted

dbar I know it's been along time ,but do you remember if you were taking any antibiotics around the time you started to develop your symptoms ??any meds for stomach problems ?

• Posted

Hi I feel the same way since i took antibiotics its been almost a week.now i don't know what to do ..yes the doctor also gave me meds for stomach is anything to do with them?

• Posted

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. mine happened when I was on antibiotics for stomach. had a bunch of antibiotics thinking was going to help me. little did I know I was going to end up like this. what meds did you take ??

• Posted

no. i remember the exact day. it was easter sunday and i woke up like this... and it never went away

• Posted

how does it feel living like that for those years . i just started feeling like this for like last week . i dont want it to be long . i hate this

• Posted

only meds i took were ibprofen

• Posted

honestly just something you learn to live with. i thought it would go away when i woke up tje next morning but day after day it continued. 17 years later

• Posted

how do u make it not get in ur way for that long ? any tips ? thank you . im scared but i least i get to hear im not alone in this

• Posted

Just take it one day at a time. some days are better than others. Try to stay positive. I wish i had a better solution for you. but i haven't been able to get an answer from a doctor about it.

• Posted

Hi. i have foundout that i had a spiritual encounter so i managed to get help from a priest thats what happened to me.Im a very spiritual person and i think some of You can find it as a solution u might never know whats rong until you find help. Hope for the best.Thanks

• Posted

yes thats true , i have a family member whos spiritual like that and ive believe in things he's have said , he does these spiritual massages and remedies.

• Posted

I also have found that the main thing to get me through this was giving it all to god. I have no control over this so I gave it to him. My worries, stress, ect. I would open up my daily devotional and he would talk to me directly it is truly amazing. I remember one time I was just sobbing because I couldn't find any answers and was so scared and was just crying out to god as I was driving and literally as I got done, on a Christian radio station they said the word of the day was Isaiah 41:10 " So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your god. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Come and be strengthened helped and healed!" I lost it after that. People that don't believe or feel lost and god doesn't love them just needs to feel his love. Once you feel his presence you won't want to turn back! I have had to many things happen where he talks to me directly to be a coincidence. IT IS GOD!!

• Posted

i have also fallen in this trap with other symptoms too ... i tested a severe defecient of vitamin b12 and vitamin d3 .....levels are better than before...but no satisfaction till date

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.