I got a dignosis from the GAS & BLOAT finally!

Posted , 8 users are following.

OK At my own request I paid for a hydrogen breath test for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).

You get fed lactulose drink then spend 3 hours giving breath samples to measure gases.

As it turns out I had excessive high readings of two gases. So all my gas/pain/bloat/sinus IS IN fact caused by sibo!

PLEASE DONT ACCEPT AN "IBS" AS A DIAGNOSIS and continue to suffer like I did. 

How owe peri plays into this I don't know... I started my cycle again , Day 21 instead of 27. The ND didn't seems to think menopause played into this but she was VERY interested that my immediate fam started peri meno at 40. So MAYBE the slow motility has caused thus, but she thinks it was the antibiotics and my wine addiction that has.

IF IT HELPS ANYONE.. if you are suffering from excessive belching and have a high processed diet or sugar intake then please consider a sibo test, the pain it's caused me, and walking around BELCHING like a beer drinking maniac has been a pretty horrid experience and I'm kinda MAD I didn't demand this test earlier. I realise gallbladder and many other conditions mimick excessive belching but by process of elimination I'm offering this if it helps even one person get to the root of their gas problems smile

My Symptons tied up SIBO

GAS - LOTS OF SODDING GAS..

Sinus congestion! 

Blocked ears

Brain fog

Bloating

Constipation/diaharea

Cramps and abdominal pain

Bad breath

Itchy skin

"Some" achy joints

Goh I'm sure there

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What is the treatment for SIBO?  Are you feeling better? I am happy you have an answer! Hopefully, we will all get one soon! Keep us posted please!
    • Posted

Hi deb. Treatment is antifungal herbs, biofilm disrupters, a motility herb combo for slow digestion, DIET DIET DIET, limited sugar, whole foods, fodmap diet for IBS type Symptons , oregano , peppermint . No dairy wheat gluten as they are inflammatory.. Once this is done then good probiotics.
    • Posted

Wow! That is quite the agenda. Let us know how it all works for you. So excited some of us get the help we need! Thanks for coming back and letting us all know that there is hope!
  • Posted

Awesome that you finally got an answer!

A good naturopath can really help get it under control. You should notice improvement pretty quickly. Stay the course!

Be well.

• Posted

Thanks up early. Was happy and optimistic this morning then trying to make up for food I haven't eaten and weight I've lost I had some potato fries with mayo this afternoon and BOY DID I PAY THE PRICE. It triggered a bad reaction so maybe it as the Mayo or maybe the starchy potatoes. So I need to fine tune with the foods now!
    • Posted

Hey ellacraig!  Maybe try to keep a journal of foods that you react to along with food that are easy on you.  Like an elimination diet, until your gut is more healed, then slowly add back some of the no no foods to see how you do.  Just keep it simple but nutritious.  Homemade soups are always good with lots of veggies. 

Keep it up!

• Posted

Thanks up early you are very helpful smile

that really is a good idea and re soups too. I soooo want to regain weight, I just look frail at the moment but as you say I must heal first then work on that later x

• Posted

The healing is definitely a gradual process.  When I was diagnosed with Crohn's, I'd lost quite a big of weight and looked very thin.  Once I was given a treatment plan and medication, including consultation with a nutritionist, it was easier to identify and eat safe foods and regain the weight.  A food journal can be a huge help.
    • Posted

Chrons isn't a nice thing to have. I feel for you.

yes I'm once again researching researching, I was put on fodmaps and potatoes is safe on the fodmap list but after I ate it yesterday I had a HUGE painful flare up, only to get online and see potatoes is highly bad for Sibo. So I may just have to stick solely to protein and safe greens.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF CABBAGE is a fodmap?

i read it isn't but assumed if anything would make you bloated it would be cabbage frown

• Posted

I'm not sure about raw cabbage but maybe if it's fermented would be ok.

I had trouble with anything containing corn before but after I was treated for SIBO, I can now eat cornbread and tortilla chips without abdominal pain.

Trial and error. Keep a food journal and that way you can look back and see what changes occur.

I do think perimenopause has some effect on the gut due to the hormone changes or maybe exacerbates long standing conditions because the whole endocrine system is wacko.

Keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.