I got tested for herpes 3 weeks and half after exposure. It came back negative

Posted , 8 users are following.

Even tho my blood test came out negative for herpes, i seen this show up after my sexual encounter june 6. they havent popped or crusted nor hurt. But i have a lip pimple on top of it that hurts when u touch it. anyone know why i have those little bumps

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

From the photo it looks like fordyce spots

• Posted

what if its herpes? and its a false neg

• Posted

is these spots normal, why do they show up?

• Posted

these are fordyce spots and are normal you probably are just noticing them because you were looking up close. if you were tested for herpes via blood that will tell you if you have had herpes in the past. the only way to test for a current outbreak is if there are visable sores to swab. have you developed any bumps on/ in your vagina? herpes can lie dormant and some people have no symptoms.

• Posted

Hello, I am having a similar experience. I just noticed these spots on my lip and was wondering if they were herpes as well. Did you ever find out what it was?

• Posted

Ive been searching for almost a year, i was diagnosed with herpes and i also have this. But the thing ive had herpes since i was a todler so its kind of ruled out and these bumps that look just like the picture above.. dont go away. They dont hurt or anything. Even though i sometimes get blisters these are still hanging out and not connected with my clusters on my outer lips. Im kind of releived i thought they were the same thing. Im almost crying i might be able to kiss my spouse without worrying so much about these thinking they are constant breakouts and they are not!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.