I had a foot fusion 11 weeks ago.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an operation for a foot fusion 11 weeks ago today, I am wearing an air boot. I am still experiencing terrible pain when I walk. I can usually walk for about 5 minutes before the pain sets in. Can anbody give me some advice as to how long I should be feeling this pain. Thank you.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had an operation for a big toe foot fusion nearly 4 weeks ago .  I was given an air boot during my 2 week post-op visit to wear as much as is comfortable. I have a lot of pain when wearing an air boot.  I can usually walk for about 5 minutes before the pain sets in and travels up my leg into my calf, thigh and even my hip.  My pain level is best when I keep the leg elevated above my heart as much as possible.  It is nearly pain free when I first wake up after having it elevated all night.

I can't even begin to imagine going back to work in this pain.  I'm questioning whether I was better off without the fusion.

How long does this pain last??

JulieMarina it appears yours took 5 or 6 months to stop hurting.

Can you or  anbody give me some advice as to how long I should be feeling this pain.  I'm looking for the light at the end of the road.

Thank you.

• Posted

hi i had a mtp big toe fusion 3 months ago   ,had xray last week and the op has failed waiting to go in to have op again soon,inextreme pain at the moment, have it checked asap with xray 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.