I had anterior THR Five months ago.But having trouble lifting my leg up.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone with Anterior THR have Any difficulty lifting up their leg from a sitting position and putting on jeans?

Icant after five months. Any ideas?

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ginger how did everything turn out for you I just went through a total hip replacement, anterior, left, and my experience is identical. I do cardio on a bike everyday, walk 3 to 5 miles with my dog Etc. I am at 4 months and would like to know if there was a silver lining in all of this as stated by so many that asked you to be patient? Thx Dan

• Posted

I'm very curious, how did things work out for you Dan?

I had Right Anterior THR and like you have currently lost ability to lift my leg in/out of a car, in/out of clothing, on/off a footstool or in/out of bed. Yet I can complete all my physical therapy exercises.

It's an odd feeling, like a vital muscle has somehow been disconnected!

• Posted

My anterior total hip replacement was 3 months ago I'm totally unable to lift my leg when sitting in a chair therefore I can't drive either.

• Posted

Hey Ginger,

I know this thread is a number of years old, but I'm very curious about the eventual outcome for you.

Did you have any success with rehab to regain the lost movement?

I recently had an anterior THR and have lost the same specific movements that you talked about - lifting leg in/out of a car or clothing, also on/off a footstool or bed. Yet I can complete all my physical therapy no problem. But somehow the ability to 'lift' when sitting or laying down is entirely gone.

• Posted

Hi,

Ive just skim read al the comments.

I had my hip replaced 5 years ago, anterior, and am very pleased with it but suffer to a lesser extent than you, pain when lifting the affected leg. But it doesnt affect me in in my normal routine but only when im laying on my back and try to lift my knee upwards towards my chest and more pain when doing a straight leg raise.

I would love to know what it is, it feels like a nerve being trapped in the top of the crease between the top of leg and body.

It seems like a condition in which few of suffer with but has the cause been isolated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.