I had my dose of mirtazapine increased to 45mg almost 4 weeks ago anxiety has gotten worse gradually

Posted , 5 users are following.

IS THIS DOSE TOO MUCH

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

45 was too much for me.

in facr any amount of this drug is too much for me.

• Posted

I have also started feeling nauseous again where as before mirtazapine made my appetite better not great but better now its non existent to the piont of dry retching which stopped almost immediately when started mirtazapine 4 OR 5 MONTHS AGO JUST FEEL LIKE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED IM A NEARLY 40 YEARS OLD AND CANT FUNCTION LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING WISH I HADNT INCREASED AND MAYBE I WOULDNT BE BACK HERE IM A 40 YEAR OLD MAN WITH A FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF.I KNOW THE CAUSES OF MY ANXIETY I THINK AND THINK MIRTAZAPINE HELPED 1ST FEW MONTHS TO AN EXTENT AND HELPED ME COPE BETTER NOW BACK WHERE I STARTED

• Posted

Don't worry. You will get back to how you were feeling. Alway takes a few weeks for body to metabolise and get used to dose reduction or increase. I completely get you. I'm a 46 year old man with 2 kids and a wife and was on the phone crying to my mum only weeks ago and now i feel much better. You will get better and be the old husband and father you used to be. Anxiety only happens to decent people and what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger 😉

• Posted

Thanks i hope i do get back to some normality as i believe i was getting there but just back at square 1 it seems.Im ok for a short while then it just comes back time and time again worse each time.I WONT GIVE UP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.