I have a 105 degree bend!

Posted , 14 users are following.

I went to the physio today, my bend has gone from 96 degrees to 105 in two weeks.

I am so happy, I just wanted to tell someone who cares and who understands why I am so happy.

Caz - Australia, 9 weeks post TKR

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done. It shows that hard work and determination pay off. You should be very proud.
  • Posted

Hi caz

you are going so well congratulations on your bend

i only just reached that at 12 weeks post op.

keep up the good work x

• Posted

That's brilliant! I understand completely how happy you must feel as I'm 5weeks and working this week to go from 80' to 90' by Saturday and it's such hard work!biggrin
  • Posted

well done caz!! that's amazing. keep up the good work and soon you will be on that bike, pedaling away :-)
    • Posted

Hey Britta, what's happening with you? I can pedal my exercise bike now too. My TKR knee is still 2cms bigger than my good one.

Exercising is hard work, boring too. I worked out a routine of all the exercises so that I could do the routine 10 times and not get bored. I managed to do it 3 times a day and it worked for me.

Thanks guys

Caz

• Posted

hi caz ... back to the hospital on tuesday. just seen head of anesthesia and she is going to drug me up to my eyeballs on tuesday so i won't have any pain. she was really excellent and took me seriously. last time was such a fiasco, she was horrified to hear i couldn't lift my operated leg for 3 weeks. something went wrong there. anyhoo, i am now confident that they are doing everything possible to get me back in shape.

a question for you caz: are you working? i am just very envious of you finding time to do the exercises 3 times a day. i am either working or sleeping!! i felt dreadful yesterday, BOTH my knees were killing me despite pain meds. i got home and fell into bed for 4 hours and slept like the dead. what an journey. but hey, am really so pleased for you and i am sure it is down to your sheer determination. well done.

• Posted

Hi Britta,

So good to hear from you. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and wishing you well.

Are you on facebook? If you are please friend me, my name is Carol Desmond, my profile pic is me with one of my dogs.

No, I am semi retired. But I am an artist and have been a graphic designer for years working freelance from my studio at home., so its a lot easier for me. These days I just draw and paint for myself, but not lately with this knee.

I also bred Great Danes but have had to stop that as I cant get on the floor with the pups so its no fun.

I really hope they sort the problem out for you amd that its not too painful.

Caz x

• Posted

Hi Britta, just wanted to wish you good luck for Tuesday. I really hope it all goes well for you. I'm sure it will. Don't know how you manage to work as well as go through all this. I'm retired and find ii I don't do my exercises first thing in the morning it's hard to fit them in. Let us know how you get on. 👍👍 Jen x
    • Posted

hi caz ... yes, i am on facebook!  will send get on there once i have finished here.  my profile pic is of a mermaid sign for a toilett on the lovely island of kos (greece).

great danes!  gosh, they would have kept you busy.  well, ok, you are not bending down at the moment but the rate you are going at, it won't be long until you do!  when i think about bending down myself, i shudder to think but i haven't done that in years so no biggie!!

i will keep you all posted on how my experience goes next week.  just stocked up on my nibbles as i won^t be sleeping much so i could be getting snack attacks in the middle of the night!

• Posted

Well done my freind, its so encouraging to know you are actually getting somewhere..take care 
  • Posted

Oh well done Caz!! What an achievement,if I wasnt so lazy I would be right behind you, you will be climbing like a Gazelle soon.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.