I have a bartholin abcess please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone so I need help this is my first time having a bartholin cyst it's right on the outer corner of my vagina not inside it is very painful and swollen and quit big there is no puss coming out at all . I went to my doctor she gave me antibiotic for 7 days apo cephalexin but u don't see them working I really don't want surgery or anyone cutting it open I'm really scared . Can someone give me any information on how to heal it naturally . Can I take hot baths with seasalt . Any suggestions. BTW having this cyst also caused a lil bump on my ovaries and is swollen as sell

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Them antibiotics didn't do much for me neither or hot baths. I had 2 lots of antibiotics them I was put on a different one flux...something, took two lots, it's a lot smaller but still there and painful with swelling which comes and goes. Been referred today!!!! It's my first one, It takes over your life!!!!!

• Posted

Hey raw how did yours turn out mine has burst it's small now does not hurt I can finally walk sit and go back to normal but only concern is I still have a little bump there how long does it take to go away

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I still have mine, waiting for an appointment with gynaecologist, in the meantime have had blood tests to see if it's still infected. I doesn't seem so swollen today but that comes and goes. So fed up sad

• Posted

Hi jessica im 48 on my 7th barts Abcess had 5 operatations and burst at 3 days and virtually just burst my 7th 30 mind ago!!.it was the size of a small banana went docs monday got cephalexin tablets have never helped!!! Since monday ive been having 4 hot epsom salt baths and alternate smothering GP golden paste over area taking pain killers ive cried screamed not able to even walk last two days this is my worse ever!! I got a red/black spot yest and thought great my drainage point! Just drained none stop for 20mins then stopped was still in pain round bum inner thigh area.just phoned docs they said keep taking tablets and bathing and manipulating if it still dsnt drain or i feel ill go hospital ..start hot bath asap and tumeric paste made in 5 mins at home and just plain unscented moisture if skin is tight xxx good luck ..im being refered to have gland removed now cannot suffer like this again ..ps warning its the most vile smell ever if abcess bursts xx

• Posted

I feel your pain! I've been dealing with a bartholin cyst since April, had it drained twice in hospital. Once had marsipulisation in theatre but still it came back. So so painful 😖 drained again last Friday and on a week of augmentin (co amoxiclav) they have helped bring it right down but can still feel a lump under the skin and I just know it's gonna come back up. Hot Epsom salt baths help encourage it to drain so definitely try that and hot compresses.

I've just started taking turmeric (curcumin) & black pepper capsules today as I heard they could for fighting inflammation, I'm also gonna try the golden paste too.

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow and seriously gonna ask about having gland removing as I can't keep going through this.

• Posted

Hi Jessica yes it seems to be draining on its own at the moment and it's painless so I'm just trying to manage it myself. The hospital weren't much help tbh, said they would not remove the gland and just to come back if it gets bad again for another marsipulization. It's just a matter of time I feel. My fear is that it turns into a recto-vaginal fistula

• Posted

Hello everyone, 

Thought I'd post in here for anyone else that's suffering. I've just had a bartholin's abscess and I found a thread on here about using a turmeric & coconut oil paste, followed by a salt and baking soda paste, and I swear to God, it honestly works! The thread is here and there are loads of women in here that vouch this method works. I've been having them for the last 10 years and I normally ride them out, but just tried this on a whim and it honestly worked. Had the abscess come through on Friday and it was gone by this morning (Saturday). The thread is here: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/home-remedy-for-bartholin-s-abscess-that-works--399532?page=3&order=Oldest

Hope it encourages you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.