I have a large lipoma on my lower back. I've had a MRI, ...

Posted , 27 users are following.

I have a large lipoma on my lower back. I've had a MRI, the doc looked at it and said nothing to worry about. I'm a nurse, I'm on my feet and at the end of my shift my lower back is pounding, my hips are hurting and my lower back will spasm. So in the meantime i take Naproxen, flexeril. These no longer help. Maybe another MRI is needed? Why does it seem to get bigger one day and feel the same other days?

[i:b6919e350f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b6919e350f]

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Bless you, I too had an extremely painful lipoma(s) at the base of my spine. I have spinal stenosis and herniated discs as well so the doctors kept telling me that was the cause of my pain. The PA at EMAS brain and spine told me they are not painful and nothing could be done. Upon researching I discovered there are many others, like you, who a lipoma on the back can be debilitating. Dr. Brantley, at Southeast Georgia Health System upon seeing the sonogram of the lipoma said, "Goodness how does this affect your life?" I cried because the answer was IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. He removed the lipoma which was sitting on a hot bed of nerves and like an Octopus was entangled with the nerves around my spine and sacrum. It's out and I am so happy and have NO pain in that area anymore. GET IT OUT girl, its like an alien.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.