I have a strange swelling right under the head of my penis

Posted , 21 users are following.

It's extremely disconcerting. I just masturbated, not too intensively really but for a really long time, and just as I finished I noticed a huge (at least it seems so to me) swelling under the head.

Now, the thing is, my foreskin is very tight so for all I know it's been there for months; I usually am unable to pull it back far enough to get the whole head out. But now I did, and like I said, I noticed this swelling. It's relatively soft to the touch but does not seem liquid-filled, it doesn't hurt (except for being sensitive in the same way as the head is) and at least it doesn't seem to be getting bigger, but it doesn't seem to be getting smaller either and honestly I'm quite terrified.

It's approximmately one centimeter in diameter, sticking out maybe half a centimeter, and just... doesn't look good. I would really appreciate some helpful advice on what it might be and if I should seek out a doctor immediately.

Unfortunately my phone camera is awful so the pictures probably won't be much help, but... I would very, very much appreciate some kind of advice on what's going on.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Think you need to go and see your doctor 

or a urologist. 

Though you you will get some replies from guys on here

who may give you and idea.

---

• Posted

Going to a urologist in two hours, but I'm really, really concerned and would've preferred if it one was open right now... But I guess nothing's changed since it happened so another two hours shouldn't be too bad I suppose.

• Posted

Looks like it could be a penile edema.  That isn't normally anything serious, but you do need to see a doctor.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

It solved itself on its own. I think it was acute paraphimosis, which is apparently very dangerous - I started panicking when I read the word "necrosis." But I manage to massage the edema back to reasonable size and then get the foreskin back in place, since I had time to kill because none of the bloody urologists here (I'm in Japan at the moment) open until like 9.

• Posted

I did wonder about paraphimosis, but it only seemed to be on one side, and I'd missed the part about you having a tight foreskin.  It sounds like you're probably going to be ok, but I'd probably see a doctor if it's convenient anyway if I were you, and take the pictures with you.  If you do see a doctor, then if you could let us know what they say, it would be appreciated.

Glad you have things back in place, but I'd take a break from masturbating for a few days, and take it easy after that.  If it happens again, and you can't get things back in place with cold water and manual pressure, you should seek urgent medical attention:

https://patient.info/doctor/phimosis-and-paraphimosis

Paraphimosis

This occurs when a tight prepuce is retracted and then unable to be replaced as the glans swells. This is a urological emergency.

(on the other hand, someone who posted a few months ago had had phimosis for weeks, without it causing lasting damage)

• Posted

Brother can i know how long it took to become normal on its own.. I am suffering from this from 2 days
    • Posted

I too have the same, can you please let me know how many days it took to come to normal?

• Posted

Bro in how much days your problem has solved ?

• Posted

Hi Oskar glad to know things turn out well for you.Take care and I learnt something new from this thank you.
  • Posted

hi oskar, although i am also running with the same mess, and i wanna to know did you use any cream or gel to make the recovery on it?
  • Posted

You can stretch the foreskin to prevent this from happening again. Gently pull the opening of the foreskin for a couple minutes a day and ut will grow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.