I have a strange swelling right under the head of my penis

Posted , 21 users are following.

It's extremely disconcerting. I just masturbated, not too intensively really but for a really long time, and just as I finished I noticed a huge (at least it seems so to me) swelling under the head.

Now, the thing is, my foreskin is very tight so for all I know it's been there for months; I usually am unable to pull it back far enough to get the whole head out. But now I did, and like I said, I noticed this swelling. It's relatively soft to the touch but does not seem liquid-filled, it doesn't hurt (except for being sensitive in the same way as the head is) and at least it doesn't seem to be getting bigger, but it doesn't seem to be getting smaller either and honestly I'm quite terrified.

It's approximmately one centimeter in diameter, sticking out maybe half a centimeter, and just... doesn't look good. I would really appreciate some helpful advice on what it might be and if I should seek out a doctor immediately.

Unfortunately my phone camera is awful so the pictures probably won't be much help, but... I would very, very much appreciate some kind of advice on what's going on.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey bro I have the same issue like yours could you please let me know how did you get rid of it. 
  • Posted

Brother, From the picture this seems like an infection which should be washed carefully with antiseptic liquid( dettol) inside the foreskin and also in the swelling, wash yourself and close the head with foreskin(prevents vulnerability).

There should be relif in some time. Do this procedure everyday even without swelling to wash off foreign elements(germs).

If problem still persists get it checked by a professional.

• Posted

This condition is called paraphimosis. Although it is common in uncircumsised penis, it is a serious condition. Please go see a medical professional as soon as possible. The more you're going to delay going to a doctor, the worse this is going to get. Don't expect it to get cured automatically. And no, dettol won't help reduce the swelling. The swelling is caused due to the tight ring the foreskin has formed under the head. Until a doctor helps you get the foreskin back on top of the head, there isn't much you can do.

• Posted

You saying it right bro.Exactly I have done the same.Unless doctor's help you cannot get your skin back.it was bit painful while doctor getting foreskin back to top.

Suggestion: Go and see the doctor as soon as you can.As it can be serious issue

Thanks

• Posted

i had a very small swelling but my foreskin mamaged to get back over, would i still need medical attention

• Posted

Hey.. I got the same problem.. I've consulted the doctor as well. Its called Phimosis.. just sit tight and relax.. and try the following. I've done the same and it worked. Take an icepack and rub the swelled skin.. and try to bring back the fore skin to the head of the penis (i.e the position at which it should be) the swelled ball of skin will come between the penis and foreskin.. rub more ice pack and sleep. It will be normal by morning.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it worked for you. I am not a doctor. I just tried it and it worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.