I have a swollen and very painful lump on my clit hood, what should I do?

Posted , 133 users are following.

Hi, I've been having a problem for about five days to a week now. I didn't notice in the beginning as I didn't feel or see anything unusual but now I'm in a alot of pain. On the top of clit hood I have a swollen, reddish lump that's gotten bigger during the day yesterday and has been swelling probably everyday. I don't know what it is as I've never had it before, I'm 19 and a virgin so I know it's not an STD/STI. Also, along the left labia I noticed it's really swollen also but it doesn't hurt until it reaches the clit hood. The hood is swollen so badly that I can't see my clit without really stretching, which hurts. My left is primarily the issue side and as of this moment it burns. I can't walk, sit , sleep or move at all without going through a moment of pain first and I can only sleep on my back. PLEASE HELP!!!!

8 likes, 185 replies

185 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Do go to your GP without delay and get the lump looked at ,it may be a cyst so needs attention asap .Good luck and I hope it is nothing more serious than a cyst
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice! Its gone again so I will be sure to go if it appears again.
    • Edited

For me it went away within a week...but it was a painful week. From my research and personal experience, it will eventually pop but it takes time and it hurts in the process to pop... This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I couldn't find anything else on the internet that describes what i'm feeling besides this forum. I think it is what the OP said-- smegma that is built up/clogged and causes a cyst/pimple underneath the hood. Specifically the left side has it the worst 😦 its a small lump at first..then by day 4/5 it's huge red swollen lump on the hood, very tender and sensitive to touch 😦. It hurts to cross my legs and walk, i hope it pops soon!

• Edited

Was thinking the same as Cherryl you really must go to the drs, sounds like a cyst to me as well, What ever it needs seeing too.  

Sue 

• Edited

At the moment it's completely gone. It looks as if I didn't even have anything wrong. It popped and drained puss. If it appears again I will indeed take yours and Cheryl's advice.

Thanks!

• Edited

Hi. I am experiencing exactly this at the moment. I noticed it on Saturday,it was small and pea shaped. Now today it's doubles in size and the pain is becoming pretty unbearable. I went to the doctor and they gave me one week course of antibiotics (flucloxacillin). He said if that doesnt help then I may have to have it drained. Its a hard lump so I dont see how it can be drained? The doctor seemed to agree with that. I am just wondering what was the outcome for you and how long did it take to clear? Thanks for your help and any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Posted

Hi, at the moment I don't have the lump at all. The swelling and pain are completely gone and have been for about a month, maybe longer. It may be a build up of smegma which from my research, can harden. I think you should probably keep in contact with a gyno. I didn't have to go to see a doctor but if it comes back, I definitely will. Also, with me, when it doubled in size it only took a day or two before it popped on its own.

• Posted

The pain is unbearable at the moment and keeping me awake at night. The lump is really hard and about grape size under the skin and it's right on the hood. Is this similar to you? I can't seem to find anywhere online that's experienced the same thing as I am and I am worrying as I've never had any problems like this before. Thanks.

• Edited

Yes, that's very similar to what I went through. I couldn't find any proper information either. Read up on smegma building up and see if its similar tk what you're going through. Possibly you could go back to the doctor or call in time asking for advice as the problem is getting worse. But there's not much more i can suggest because that's what I did and I would wait until the lump looked like it would pop and squeeze it. I won't recommend that as it is extremely painful. The best thing is to see a doctor.

Hope that helps and you get alleviation soon.

• Posted

this is an old post but curious what the outcome was. I had this happen to me in the area due to a straddle injury. I had to go to the Er for incision and drainage. two months later the selling is coming back.

• Posted

Hi I am having the same issue... Can you tell us what ended up happening to yours?

• Posted

So if you try squeeze it does it hurt.

Cause I think mine is similar to yours never had it before and I went to the Dr's they said it might be a cyst as I should wait for it to drained but it still hurts when I wipe after toilet.

• Posted

I posted a reply to someone else below. I'm in the same predicament. 🥺

• Posted

what ended up happening with yours? i have the same thing. ive had it for 2 weeks now

• Posted

what happens with yours I might have the same problem and yours yours is the latest comment

• Posted

Hi Angie, I completely forgot about this account so I'm sorry for the super late response. For me it hurt a lot to try to squeeze. Not too long after my initial post, it popped on its on and hasn't come back since. I still have the teeny hole where it drained from when it popped though. I'm not sure if you would too? I definitely want to get that checked out soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.