I have a swollen and very painful lump on my clit hood, what should I do?

Posted , 133 users are following.

Hi, I've been having a problem for about five days to a week now. I didn't notice in the beginning as I didn't feel or see anything unusual but now I'm in a alot of pain. On the top of clit hood I have a swollen, reddish lump that's gotten bigger during the day yesterday and has been swelling probably everyday. I don't know what it is as I've never had it before, I'm 19 and a virgin so I know it's not an STD/STI. Also, along the left labia I noticed it's really swollen also but it doesn't hurt until it reaches the clit hood. The hood is swollen so badly that I can't see my clit without really stretching, which hurts. My left is primarily the issue side and as of this moment it burns. I can't walk, sit , sleep or move at all without going through a moment of pain first and I can only sleep on my back. PLEASE HELP!!!!

8 likes, 185 replies

185 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I can see this is a old post but in the last 24hours i have had a lump in a similar place come up to the size of a pea. the only difference i am not in pain at the moment was this the same when you very first noticed yours?

• Posted

I noticed mine a few days ago when I wiped toilet paper against it and felt a shock of pain. I've never had a cyst in the clitoral area before, and I'm praying it goes away on its own, because cyst drainage in the genital area is super painful. I've had Bartholin's gland cysts before. I'm putting Bactroban ointment on it and crossing my fingers.

• Posted

did it go away on its own?

im going through this rn and im so terrified!

• Posted

get some epsom salt and put it in some warm bath water for 10 minutes at least once a day. i would say if it doesn't start to clear up in a couple of days of soaking i would go to a doctor.

• Posted

same i have a bump on top my clit hood and it does not hurt what so ever but it itches here and there especially when bothered. i can squeeze/squish it with no problem, it is not hard, but it does swell when itched repeatedly... might this too be a cyst or something other??? i am afraid because its been more than a week and its still there.

• Edited

i believe i have it as well. it hurts and itches at times. its like a hard rock feel. im going to be calling a doctor in my area Monday to make sure. bc when i did time it in vuvlar cancer popped up. im praying its just a cyst only.

• Posted

hi ladies

so I've had this problem for yeats after a guy being way too rough with my clit it torn and infected . . . couldn't walk, sit, cross legs etc I couldn't go out. I've spoke to GP about it and she suggested when happen s to go for testing so she can see it at its worse and test the poison basically that comes out. I have yet managed to do this. but I do know . . . .after all these years that sometimes this will happen to me. especially after too much . .ahem . . .playing. I seem to always have in the same place, a small scar tissue which is where it drain when pops but I've noticed in the last couple days I no longer have this scar tissue, and yet again I have a hard uncomfortable lump which I know exactly what it is. I've read all sorts over the years and found this very rare. but it is a reassuring cyst that never seems to go away. it affects my sex life cos now I don't relax knowing what the outcome could be. and it's an embarrassing one to explain (or lie about) I just don't see an end to it, as I've had for years. and certainly do not want any docs making incisions down there!!! scary stuff x hope your all well, but honestly so nice to find this forum to know I'm not alone with this x such a sensitive area and must be from trauma then infecting right? X

• Posted

I am having the same issue. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and had to have a catheter drain. when they removed it they were not gentle and ripped it out and now I have one of these lumps forming too. extremely uncomfortable and very tender. so I agree trauma helps them form.

• Posted

This has been a reoccurring problem for me for the past few months. The first time it happened it went away within a day or two with a warm compress. I have noticed that it comes about during rough sex and clitoral play and either me or my partner will notice it, then have to stop because we don’t want it getting any bigger. Mine is always in the same spot on the right side of my clitoral hood just below my clitoris and is about the size of two peas. It is hard but still squishy, uncomfortable and painful to the touch. Not the worst pain thing in the world but not fun! Especially when it keeps coming back and ruining a fun time. WHAT IS THIS THING??? How do I make it go away for good?

• Edited

i currently have this. its so painful. i had one about 6 weeks ago but was able then to pop it. then yesterday it popped back up. i cant get into my dr until april, so im not sure what to do. any suggestions?

• Edited

Tonight ive just noticed i have the same issue, a pea sized lump just beside my clitoris area. quite hard and sore to the touch. wondering if i should give it a few days and see if anything changes!

• Edited

Mine went away a few days after it came up. I posted a picture of it above. It was getting bigger and hurting waaaaay too much for me to even think of touching it. A few days later I went to pee and it just broke open and drained. I was so freaking relieved!

• Edited

so literally just yesterday the same thing happened to me, it drained as if it was a pimple! so relieved and grossed out!

• Edited

did it hurt when it popped? I believe I am currently in this situation and I just want to pop it myself but I'm scared it is going to hurt. mine hurts so bad, it's been 2-3 days since I noticed it.

• Posted

Don't pop it yourself let it do it's thingit will drain with p**s and bloodmy gyno told me to just keep squeezing the area to let out what seems to be the permanent puss it's when it gets dirt in it or played with basically it starts forming again (not all the time girls so don't be afraid to play use lube and be more gentle)

• Posted

the pain got worse the day it did drainjust know the more painful it gets the closer it is to draining x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.