I have a swollen and very painful lump on my clit hood, what should I do?

Posted , 133 users are following.

Hi, I've been having a problem for about five days to a week now. I didn't notice in the beginning as I didn't feel or see anything unusual but now I'm in a alot of pain. On the top of clit hood I have a swollen, reddish lump that's gotten bigger during the day yesterday and has been swelling probably everyday. I don't know what it is as I've never had it before, I'm 19 and a virgin so I know it's not an STD/STI. Also, along the left labia I noticed it's really swollen also but it doesn't hurt until it reaches the clit hood. The hood is swollen so badly that I can't see my clit without really stretching, which hurts. My left is primarily the issue side and as of this moment it burns. I can't walk, sit , sleep or move at all without going through a moment of pain first and I can only sleep on my back. PLEASE HELP!!!!

8 likes, 185 replies

185 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

so ladies . . .I been to GP got a referral to gyno and have been seen!!!I have a peri-clitoral abcess !!!!! options were . . for me to be out to sleep for him to slice open my clitoris, clean out the area and stitch it back up. along with risks of living with permanent pain from the scar tissue. or, live how I am, which is every now and then this things flares up (after it's been under trauma,shall we say) and living with the discomfort and pain until it drains itself. I got the referral as have had this for 6 years and my last was the longest ever reaching to 2 weeks before it drained itself x omg I know right!

• Posted

and to seek GP help as soon as it starts to have a course of antibiotics as the puss may seep into your bloodstream making you feel rather poorly (which is in my case every time) 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

• Edited

Yay finally a name for it. When i went to my GYNO she didn't know what it was since mine had already popped and drained right before my appointment. Peri-clitoral abcess is totally what i had and it sucks. Found this article about it: https://scholars.direct/Articles/gynecology-and-obstetrics/ago-1-001.php?jid=gynecology-and-obstetrics. You've had this happen for 6 years? 😦 did gyno tell you what causes it? I just had it happen to me at 29yrs old and not sure what prompted it.

• Edited

Hibless us!! mine stared after a lad was too rough with my clit and obviously split the skin which turned infected . . . it is permanent other than the surgery the gyno suggestedwhist is not going to happen lol use lube when playing so not to keep it dry which would make it more prone to damaging it x unfortunately you must allow it to do it's thing until it drains itself x I am normally in tears at the point it self drains . . . .This is terrible x

• Edited

omg im so glad i found this conversation as im experiencing the same exact thing. its hard and right by my clit and just keeps getting bigger and badder day by day. the pain is getting unbearable to the point i cant sleep and it also itches so thats pretty uncomfortable too. today i went to the docter and got antibiotics, he said it looked like an infection but could also be a cyst that needs to be drained which i hope that doesnt happen. i iust hope this goes away soon as its really driving me crazy

• Edited

If its a peri-clitoral abcess it will pop eventually! My lump started on the left side of my clit hood and got bigger as the days passed. Take salt warm baths and warm compress to try and get it to pop/drain on its own. That helped me but took over a week to drain itself.

• Edited

This will eventually drain on its own x don't mess with it but yes baths make the skin softer and I notice as it gets bigger and more stresched it starts to form a small white patch where the breakage first was which then is where it drains itself x

• Posted

this is happening to me too it hurts really bad I was wondering I don't know how to explain this but before it popped did your lower stomach hurt like on both sides maybe where your fallopian tubes would be inside? because on both sides of my lower stomach where my fallopian tubes are hurt also and its freaking me out

• Edited

No, my pain was localized on the clitoral hood area.. that area was visibly very red and swollen before popping. I would consult a gynecologist!

• Posted

Hi! Did it go away already? I have also! How long does it last? 😦

• Edited

Hi guys I'm in the same predicament it doesn't hurt but it does get itchy and uncomfortable with rubbing say if my underwear rubs against it. It's been about for a week and sometimes doesn't seem so big but then it does irritate me and seem more inflamed image

it looks like that^^ did it look like that for anyone else? I can't visit the doctors at this point in time because of the whole coronavirus lockdown so it'd be lovely to know that this is similar to what you all have described and so I can relax lol

• Edited

Hi my love bless you does it seem to be getting bigger and painful? the best thing to Do is keep clean have sits baths as often as you can in warm water don't wear tight jeans etcif it's the same as mine it will get worse and bigger before draining itself x (I'm learning of you have a play, when all is better, using some lube instead of being dry there helps me not get it as often) xx

• Edited

Girl yes, mine was just like that. I posted a picture above. Then a few days later, it just opened on its own and healed up.

• Edited

yeah I feel like it'll get bigger before it'll acc drain thank you I was pretty sure it was it but ofc the anxiety fonnot being able to acc physically get it checked out didnt help so I had to confirm. I'll try the baths and hot compresses hopefully it drains soon. Also I'll keep the lube thing in mind x thank you x

• Edited

I can't wait for the day that happens the itchiness is infuriating but glad its the same thing was getting in to my own head and worrying it was something more x

• Edited

Oh mine grew for a few days and was itching like crazy as the skin was stretching over the cyst. I could barely touch it or wipe. Freaking terrible! A few days later I sat down to pee and when I wiped, I saw blood and yellowish liquid (which I determined to be pus after I saw that the cyst had broken.)

• Posted

Can't wait for when it finally bursts honestly I'll be so relieved the itchiness is mad. Wanted to ask did the bactroban help speed it up?

• Posted

I do believe it helped to speed the process up, yes.

• Posted

bacrroban!? I've never been offered this x would this be instead of taking a course of antibiotics do you know ? X hope everyone's noo noos ok lol x

• Posted

Doctors are still available, you should be given a telephone consultation.

• Posted

They are but they can't take a physical look at it or prescribe antibiotics etc or lance it because no face to face appoints are available is what I meant by my comment. The most they can give is a cream with mild steroids in it which I've gotten.

• Edited

Mine burst on Wednesday, the relief, no squeezing involved, I knew it was about to erupt, due to the pain. I lowered myself into a warm salty bath and it went, make sure when it does burst, that all the infection comes out, and that it bleeds. I then used sudcrem, that's the worst one I have ever had.

• Posted

1. im going thru the sam thing an i contacted my guynacolagest at dr woods new pratciset at woman health and wellness they are the best ive been with them 10 yrs and i have a appontment monday for this i will keep you posted on what they say**
    • Posted

That's good news that you have are seeing a gynaecologist, I hope the appointment goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.