I have an inflamed and swollen uretha, any suggestions please. It is uncomfortable to sit...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a medical person use a metal speculum on me forgetting I had LS, she caused severe pain and bleeding. When I checked myself I now see an inflamed and swollen uretha and also to the surrounding area. I am going to the bathroom constantly. Anyone know what is happening with this and it there anything I can use possibly to calm this down up there. Still using the Clob, but it is going on many weeks now...help please...yes, I am spraying and putting on a barrier but not that far back/up. I can feel this when I sit and certainly when I walk...

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Linda

im so sorry to hear you’ve had such a bad time. My urethra also get sore and swollen and I’m very susceptible to urine infections. I’ve taken to keep urine test strips to check and find regular use of cranberry extract good as a preventative and for infections, up to the point I need anti biotics! Good luck with everything, x

• Posted

They’re reagent strips- you can get them on the internet and test for blood, glucose etc! Worth having in your bathroom cabinet! 
  • Posted

Maybe don’t wet it as the vagina is self cleaning. Also, no clob in the vagina. It should settle. It has been injured and needs to heal. Rest if you can as well!
  • Posted

That is so awful to hear. I use one pump of doublebase gel applied, every time I go for a wee. This stops urine touching skin and stops tissue paper dragging along skin. It has reduced my irritation dramatically, maybe this would help your symptoms.

good luck Hun 

• Posted

thank you Reebok, not familiar with doublebase gel? I am in the US, is it sold here by chance?
    • Posted

Hi Linda, yes I’m in the UK, this is a UK forum.

I get my doublebase gel on prescription form my doctor. You can buy it from amazon. I have the 500ml pump next to my toilet and carry 100ml tube in my handbag. Makes a huge difference.

I have a pump of it in the shower and wash my lady garden with it. Apply a couple of pumps before you start washing, then when you have washed your hair and the rest of body, rise body throughly then wash your flower again with the gel to make sure no other products are there.

when using clob at night time. I apply one pump of doublebase and massage then apply clob. I find the clob cream isn’t so irritating.

all the above advice is from my doctor. She absolutely amazing and supportive, I am a very lucky girl to have her and all my treatment and prescriptions are free. There are some very sad stories on here where people are not getting any support. Look on my profile for my other chats. 

Good luck Hun 😃

• Posted

I am sorry you are so poorly...go and see the doctor, may need antibiotics. Also rest, be gentle in that area and no baths, toilet paper, too warm water either.
    • Posted

Thank you Dani, I see her tomorrow and am going to tell her about it. I am sure a urine sample should be ordered and after that I don't know. I don't mind the work or maintenance if it gives me positive results. Have been using the Clob for a while now and not sure where I stand...

• Posted

Write down questions you want to ask her.....make her help you the best she can.

Good Luck !

• Posted

I am thinking of going to a male Gynocologist because he is not doing anything but Gynecology...kinda worried about the understanding issue. Although men get this also so perhaps he can get the significance of this monster. 
    • Posted

Vulva clinic....it is a skin illness, a dermatologist. Gynecologists are very well aware of LS, of course...you need someone who knows it well. I see an endocrinologist as I have other two autoimmune diseases, a dermatologist and occasionally a gynecologist. They all know what I am going through and ask for help, new ideas, new treatments. It s very hard work, as LS keeps you on your toes....make mistakes and you will pay for it.

Let me know how it went....

Will be thinking of you...

• Posted

Thanks Dani, I too seemed to be getting a lineup of docs...
    • Posted

I was diagnosed by my male obgyn when I was preggo with number 2. With number 1 I had a female obgyn she had no clue what it was. Good luck, I think a lot depends on their experience level.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.