I have been battling Vertigo for over a month.. PLEASE HELP

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with BPPV Vertigo. My doctor did some neck exercise and that stopped my world from spinning. HOWEVER, I am now dealing with half spins, that feels like brain zaps. My equal Librium is way off, my head has this dull pounding pain. When I am in bed if I turn over I half spin, sitting still I'm half spinning. This is happening all day like every 5-10 mins. It makes me nauseous, an it's very draining. PLEASE HELP! This is really consuming my life....

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First off, you’re not alone in your suffering. Many of us know what you’re going through. A lot of great suggestions have already been made including the most common which is preforming the Elpey maneuver to help treat your symptoms. I have found it very helpful in the past but keep in mind it doesn't work for everyone and preforming it once doesn't always do the trick. Sometimes you will have to repeat it several times over a few weeks’ time.  If you’re finding your vertigo to be an ongoing issue I would also look into a simbalance pillow. It has been so helpful and dealing with positional vertigo. It'll help you preform the head maneuvers and if you use it at night like it is recommended it can even help reduce your daily bppv. Best of luck and I hope you find a way to manage your vertigo!   
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I am so thankful for everyone's help and suggestions. So far so good with me doing the exercises religiously. I'm now experiencing what I call half spins or brain zaps... It happens every so often maybe every 15-20 mins, along with a constant dull headache. Also, I noticed when I lay down at night, as soon as I lay down I begin to spin then it goes away for the rest of the night. I'm able to turn over and not spin. I'm hoping it all subsides soon. I'm feeling much better than before I must say... I was told about an exercise that a Dr. Foster on YouTube created for vertigo. IT WORKED! I have been sharing it ever since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.