I have been dealing with gerd for almost 2 months. How long do I have to be on med for it work.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went for gastrocopy. They said I have a gastritis and was put on PPI for 2 months. I was put on dexilant for 1 month and 3 weeks with mylan pantoprazole. Neither of these have helped. Was anyone in the same boat?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm going to order slipper elm and dgl licorice too there was another thing zinc carnosine one of the Lady on thyroid forum used which helped her alot my father in law gets heart burn everyday too even he takes PPI s so take them not for long bcs there are side effects I'm pretty sure that naproxen caused my gastritis when they gave me for my pains nasty stuff would never touch them again

• Posted

Wow it sounds like you spend a lot of money on this stuff. I wish we all get better too.

Do you still get heartburn? How is your diet by the way?  How bad was your heartburn?

• Posted

I do get dull pain on the left side of my stomach too. It comes and go. 

Do you sleep on elavated bed? I heard it helps.

• Posted

Did not have heart burn too much but burping and pains were there most of the time still get back pains. But they were worst before I feel really sick when my stomach is empty then I feel down do u get this symptom especially after having bowel movement s .....plus I get pain in my throat front of neck where my thyroid was enlarged and same side ear pain do u get anything like this
    • Posted

I do use two three pillows to sleep now yes my pain on left side at the front was dull achey pain too
    • Posted

Diet is normall I do eat two or three fruits a day salad with dinner too but don't eat late anymore no fried stuff anymore bcs it does give me a lot trouble so have bought air fryer now

• Posted

I hope you feel better. I will pray for both of us to get well. 

I don't have symptoms with my thyroid but I have swallowing difficulty. In addition, I have burping issues too. It's so uncomfortable and it's easy to get stressed out. I am trying to meditate everyday and going for a long walk after dinner. Trust me it gives me enough dreads.

I will see a naturopath doctor tomorrow. I will ask him about your symptoms too since I pay him well lol. I hope he gives me good diet plan and some supplement to take, but I want to ease myself slowly into taking supplements.

Is your father in law feeling better since he's off of the meds?

• Posted

No Kim bcs dad s diabetic he still taking PPI s bcs he gets heartburn ...pls let me know what's the naturopath doctor says ..I pray too that we get better soon its horrible especially when u r and were very active person and just all of sudden u get these issues by the way check ur vitamin d level as well bcs mines were really low b12 .....feretin....and vitamind

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Sorry for responding late. I was disappointed with the naturopath dr. He's more want to sell me supplements. I did asked him about you but he said it could be your thyroid is enlarged, but he's not that trustworthy so don't take what he said seriously. I found this article that you might find interesting. Have you tried acupuncture?https://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/alternative-treatment

• Posted

I had emailed you earlier but for some reason it is not posted. Acid reflux changed my life. I cant enjoy my favorite food anymore. 

I had asked the acturopath about your symptoms. He said your thyroid has enlarged but dont believe him cuz the med he gave me ended up giving me a minor heartburn as it has alcohol.

I read an article that acupunture and PPI work better than double dosages of PPI.  Maybe you wanna give it a try.

How are dgl licorice work out for you.

• Posted

Thanks alit Kim ....its not good that the naturopathic doctor did not do anything I haven't trued the acupuncture yet but lits of ppl before had told me to try it as well sorry to hear that the supplement he gave u had given u heart burn ...have u tried the carbonated water therapy if not try it its helping me too with my burping so try that first before u start using dgl licorice...

I haven't tried the dgl licorice yet

• Posted

No problem. I have decided to embrace this digestive issue. It seems like the more I want to get better the more frustrated I become. I will try carbonated water therapy but I am not sure if they have it here in Canada.

I have tried dgl licorice and it does not do anything for me. I hope it does something for you.

Have you tried doing yoga or anything that take your mind away from GERD.

• Posted

Carbonated water is sparkling water here in UK so I'm using that Kim try taking high potency probiotics they really good u can try healing ur vagus nerve after brushing ur teeth do gurgling for at leat 40 second it will help with vagus nerve .yoga no I haven't tried it yet ...I'm a mother of 4 young kids my youngest one is 2 years old hardly get enough time by the evening gets really tired so never tried it I have cross trainer at home which I use but not everyday ....try drinking lemon and ginger tea everyday ....and chamomile tea then see how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.