i have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder but still not convinced

Posted , 5 users are following.

this has been going on for over a year and started when my daughter was took back into hospiital after major surgery she went into post op infection.whilst i was driving home at night i got a stingy flushing feeling from my chest to my head and couldnt breath properly, i have had every blood test,  chest xray, ecg's, heart monitors, and ct on my heart and all have come back normal, i can get burning from my chest to head, tingling in hands cheeks and head, struggle to breath and happens any time even watching tv, i have to have window wide open to sleep, i can feel wobbly legged, shaky and loss of balance, i get pains in arms, chest neck and head , please any advice as its destroying my life

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds as though you are totally stressed out, and your brain is on high alert

Try deepp breathing exercises ,any and everywhere ,wil calm you down 

Deep breathe through your mouth, hold, then slowly out through mouth. It works

Honestly lol

• Posted

oops should be deep, I blame the machine !!!!!
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, It sound you have the same thing as me, I was diagnosed with anxiety.  I have read quite abit about it as i though i was diagnosed wrong. But the articles ive read about anxiety really do sound like me. Have you been persribed any medication? I'm on citalopram. I was given a dose of 10mg to start but has since been increased to 20. This has made me feel alot better. Dont get me wrong, it hasnt gone away completely but it has taken the edge off it. take care. X
    • Posted

i was give that right at the start which made me worse and had to call ambulance , im now on amitriptyline 25mg,i st feel like im going die,especially when i get pain in my head too, i cant even haave a conversation with someone without going funny
    • Posted

There is a course you could do, its only 3 x 1hr sessions.  Theres no talking except by the instructor. I was surprised when i wnet, i though I was going to feel out of place but there were around 200 of us at the one session. All different people, diff ages, dif professions. You just listen and relax. Its really good. Its called Mindfullness.  Ask your GP about it. Its worth a go.  I learnt a couple of techniques which I use on a regular basis. I could be anywhere, at home, out walking, on the bus - it doesnt matter where because its all done in your head. Its worth a go. You are stronger than you think. Take care. x
  • Posted

This sounds EXACTLY like me! Mine has been going on for the past couple years and like you I'm not really convinced it's anxiety. It too is ruining my life and effecting my job and my family. sad
    • Posted

i now spend most of my time in my bedroom as i dont seem so bad there, i just hate this and not feeling normal is horrible and scarey
    • Posted

Yes! I would love to feel "normal" again....I say this ALL the time. I just don't understand how it just comes out of the blue.
  • Posted

yup i get the exact same thing rolleyes sucks doesnt it? my time of the month started today so im like no wonder i feel worse lol
    • Posted

I said the same thing today. It seems like my monthly heightens the symptoms!!!! I thought it was just me.
  • Posted

I understand. I get the same issues. As we speak I am getting sharp pains in my head... and avoiding over thinking it and becoming concerned. This is such a pain in the behind and stressful. Because it is hard to believe that everything is okay, yet you still get pain in your body.
  • Posted

The thing I've found is that anxiety manifests itself as physical symptons even when you dont feel like you're 'stressed'. For example with my first panic attack I didn't know what was happening. It came from nowhere. When I went to the doctor the next day he said is was stress manifesting itself in a physical way becaue I didn't let things get to me on a day-to-day basis. I thought he was full of crap but here I am 4 years later, still with the same symptoms (which I've learned to live with) all because my subconscious is worried about things that I have no idea about??

It sucks but there are ways to cope and my most recent doctor explained it in a way that sort of made sense.... which was basicaly that, if the brain thinks it's in danger it releases adrenaline to protect itself. It acts first and thinks later. That's why there are physical symptoms when you might not necesarrily be worried about something. 

If you haven't tired anything I'd suggest taking magnasium, as the supliment can help repair the nerve receptors that misfeed information back to the brain. Or alternatively something that allows you to take control of the situation. Wearing a rubber band and snapping it against your wrist during a panic attack can help to reset the situation. 

Hope this helps smile xx

• Posted

thankyou i will give magnasium a go anything is worth trying, i just seem to be getting worse again not betther, cant handle anymore buring in chest and head i dont think i got much more fight in me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.