I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

i would like to chat with anyone who has this

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thelma can i ansewer your questions

• Posted

Hi Jowanna. I have been diagnosed with Diverticulitis by my Doctor. As he has not sent me for any tests i am questioning his thinking, My problem is that i get like a bad period pain before and after urinating. i am 79 years.

• Posted

Maybe 2nd opinion, oh i had MRI and CT with lots of blood work

• Posted

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow Friday 25th October

• Posted

I was first told around 1982 that I had 'pocketing' (diverticulitis) then 1994 widespread and 2004 severe. When I last had a colonoscopy in 2014 they were very surprised that they had never become infected. Many of them were evidently full of hard faeces that the laxative had not cleared out.

• Posted

Hi Thelma

Oh dear , Im so sorry you ve got this -Ive never had it so cant really help -except to say please try to keep positive

• Posted

Hi Thelma -Ive never had it but can only offer you a sorry to hear that & hope you manage to get a GP appointment to discuss this & offer you some encouraging words of try to be positive

• Posted

i am seeing Doctor today Sarajo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.