I have been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. anyone else out there with similar circumstance?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been affected in both lower legs causing my feet to be pretty much drop footed. Would like to hear of any similar cases?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Alison, when you say 'full recovery', do you meant that literally? By that I mean, did your friend recover from the fatigue symptoms which for many people, myself included, linger much longer than many other more

obvious symptoms such as double vision and walking difficulties etc. ( I had the Miller Fisher variant of GBS in June this year. Fatigue is the difficult to cope with thing for me.

• Posted

Hi Alison, when you say 'full recovery', do you meant that literally? By that I mean, did your friend recover from the fatigue symptoms which for many people, myself included, linger much longer than many other more

obvious symptoms such as double vision and walking difficulties etc. ( I had the Miller Fisher variant of GBS in June this year. Fatigue is the difficult to cope with thing for me.

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

sorry! it didnt post at first and so I kept pressing the computer button!!!!
  • Posted

Hi Roddy, Well, I've never been so popular!! We all make computer gaffs. I don't know anything about variants of GBS and it's many years ago that my 'friend' had it in his 50s/early 60s. He went back to going to Rock & Roll nights, if that helps. I also remembered another lady, in her 70s I guess, who also said she'd made a full recovery from it. Fingers crossed that you will too, but it will take several months to reach that magic 'back to normal' stage and the GBS Society are your best source of info in the meantime. Best of luck, Alison
  • Posted

hi Alison I was diagnosed with GBS in april 2011 at 28 years old I am still suffering now from many of the symptoms associated with GBS.
  • Posted

Hi Samantha. what symptoms do you have still? I started with my GBS 5 months ago and still have many

symptoms. I had NCS recently too. Ouch they were painful. I do have axonal damage however but hey am getting very slowly stronger..

• Posted

ive had similar a condition called devics disease NMO paraysled in 2010 but been walking again for 4 year now recovered....fatigue is a major issue also
  • Posted

Have read about your condition. Yes sounds like there are similarities to gbs. Yes with gbs you do get tired

Quite quickly too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.