I have been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. anyone else out there with similar circumstance?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been affected in both lower legs causing my feet to be pretty much drop footed. Would like to hear of any similar cases?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yea joanne they are all similar these conditions,bloody unlucky be hit with things like this lol but thats life hope your doing good now
  • Posted

I wonder if it depends on age when GBS attacks. My niece had it very acutely when she was about 7 and she wanted to die she was so ill. But she made a full recovery within a year and is now a 40 year old mother of teenagers. But my friend Pete got this after a long period of stress in which he got a virus, in his 40s, followed by GBS and he still has one foot that drops badly in his 70s. He's had quite a few falls and because of the way he walked thereafter, he did have to have a hip replacement 'cos of the strain on the hip.
  • Posted

You maybe right dependant on age. Thats really good your niece recovered well. I sound similar to your

frien'ds symptoms.There is definately light at the end of the tunnel it seems! I have axonal

Damage but do really hope.!! . its this drop footed lark, not to mention the aches/pains that

go with it all .Nevermind , it could have been worse..... I hope am not at the stage of a hip op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.