I have been in a major depression for 4 months with severe agoraphobia.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I just can't my life back. I have horrible dreams I am 62 years old and I haven't not had this in thirty years. It is s nightmare. I can not work, I am afraid of everything. It is also post traumatic stress you name it I have it. I just started 25 mg of Surmontil and I am taking Ativan which I have been taking for 30 years. Does anyone else feel like this. Help!

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Listen, I feel the same way. I know how you feel. Your not alone. I haven't been to school because im scared. I won't go out with friends because im scared. I afraid to be left alone. But you have to realize you don't need that medicine. I've taken Ativan, Xanax & Zoloft. YOU have control over your mind. YOU control your thinking. YOU control how you feel. I know it's hard, but you'll realize once you change the way you think, your symptoms will go away. It's psychological. It can't kill you. Calm down. Meditate. Excersise. Eat right. You'll be just fine. My anxiety has gotton so bad i've caused, skipped beats, GERD, & irritable bowel syndrome & im only 16. None of which are dangerous. You HAVE to realize that YOU have control over this. Not sure if you believe in God, but he helped me a lot. Most people might think he's bulls**t but i don't. Try reading the Bible, it's full of tips & advice about anxiety & how to get through it. or if you don't wanna do that take breathing exercises. You're okay! ?

• Posted

Hey man, hope everything is under control ! All anxiety stuff nowadays is caused by satan (the evil) whos the enemy of human beings and the creator himself.it will take me a long time telling you so that you understand the whole story. But first step i will give you is to listen to quran before you go to bed ( force your self and the evil to do it because he will do his best to stop you cicking him away). Believe me and trust me you will feel the difference right away. Its simply the very powerful words of the almighty creator that you will be hearing and will push the evil away. Give yourself a chance and do it !!! Trust me in a few days evil will never think to come back to u again because that Burns him

• Posted

Oh yes thank you such a refreshing new way to look at anxiety and how to cure it. Thankyou and I hope you feel better soon my friend.
    • Posted

How did it all go man ?!

I will suggest something for you to listen to here

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi Babss sleeping tablets are OK not to strong, how are you sleeping better I hope, The stress response is a survival mechanism designed to keep us safe from harm. Therefore, anxiety can't be cured or eliminated. It's an integral part of our survival mechanism. Be wary of those who claim “anxiety cures” or “miracle or secret remedies or treatments good luck.

• Posted

Hi Barry, are you sleeping with the sleeping pills? I hope so. I had things anxiety 30 years ago like I told you and I never expected it to come back. I got better with pills 30 years ago so I am hoping that pills will do it again. I don't think there's any other way to get better. I just long for the day that I get some relief...

• Posted

They do help Babss thanks, are you depressed a lot, I get mood swing's, no 1 day is the same, anyway I'm having a few bottles beer tonight and listening to soft music hope your OK tonight.

• Posted

I had a severe anxiety with agitation and depression twenty years ago. After no betterment on various meds i recovered completely on mirazapine.  Cant believe this is all back and this time this drug not worked.  Nor others, has anything helped you?
    • Posted

Hi Barry, that's great that the sleeping pills are working for you. I know they call it depression but I am not sad it depressed . I have alot of anxiety. I sure hope this ANTIDEPRESSANT works soon. This is a Terrible way to live...

• Posted

How is the surmontil doing? Are you feeling even a little,better yet?  Imthinkmthe only thing thats keeping me going is the diazepam.
    • Posted

Hi Ann, so good to hear from you. I am not feeling any better. From the minute I wake up my anxiety starts and doesn't let you up until around 8:30 at night. So far my anxiety is the same . I hope it starts to work soon cause this is really suffering. I have no control over it . It is there and it doesn't go away. I really can't stand it. Nothing seems to help... I hope you will be feeling better soon. God help us...

• Posted

Hope your day has been better.  This is so hard to get through.  I am thinking of you.

as you say, we cant control this thats the worst

• Posted

Hi Ann, hope your day is better too. But this anxiety prevails. I never feel normal. It is there 24/7 . I really don't think these pills are going to work. Do you ever feel sleepy or relaxed? I never do. It is always needling away at me. Wish the damn thing would ease up a bit. I just hate it. I am sending you a hug and a prayer.

• Posted

No i never feel normal. I just float from day to day with this godawful illness in the hope that some day ill wake up  better.  I can never feel relaxed, cant read a book or do things i used to enjoy.   No christmas cake for us this year, i always used to bake one. Stay firm and hope it will tryutn
    • Posted

Hi Ann, I really don't think I can take much more of this anxiety gnawing away at me. There must be something we can do. I feel terrible you can't make your Xmas cake this year. I also like to bake and cook. I have been baking and cooking but one thing a day. I can't believe Xmas is coming soon. What do you do all day? Do you stay in bed? I force myself to get out of bed every day and every day it gets harder and harder. The anxiety in my stomach is non stop. I really don't know what to do anymore

• Posted

Hi Ann, just checking in on you. I am so upset my Psychiatrist actually seemed Angry Today that I am not feeling better yet on the Surmontil, it had been 7 weeks, 2 weeks at 75 mg. He said I am on alot of medicine right now and wants to add celexa to the mix. I just don't know how much more I can take. I want my life back and I want this to go away. I never feel sleepy I never feel tired. I hate these horrid butterflies in my stomach night and day.

• Posted

Hi Ann, just sending a prayer and a hug to you. I am feeling the same I watched my beautiful granddaughters on Monday because they were both sick. They have my heart and they are what I live for. The anxiety was so horrible. Those damn butterflies in my stomach . I watched them 9 hours and I enjoy them so but the damned anxiety just won't let up. I wish there would be a Christmas miracle for us both...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.