I have been in pain for six weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had total knee replacement back in November, but now six weeks ago my back started to bother me. it's my left hip and goes down my leg. I have been from ER to my primary physician, orthopedic chiropractic and spine pain center.

can't sleep and can't seat for too long. it's hard for me to stand up and walk.

can this problem with my back is from my kneel replacement?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Pain starting in your lower back/hip, traveling through your butt and down your leg is typically sciatica. It is sooooo common after a TKR. Caused by a subconscious weight shift to avoid the pain. I got mine at 5 weeks; took visits to the chiropractor for about a month to make it totally go away. Gotta get those hips realigned so they stay in place.

Other Pain After a TKR

Again...very common. Work with your chiro and give it some time. There is no instant fix for this.

• Posted

Hi Chico, I have never had any pain in my left leg or knee since I finished therapy until three/four weeks ago. In 2016 I hurt my back and it caused Siatic nerve issues on my right side down to my foot and made my gait very, very poor. I Damaged upper spine and lower spine.

I don't know if I stepped wrong or turned oddly in my sleep but, something happened to the muscle on the inside of the left knee. When I even touch my leg there it makes me feel like screaming. The only thing that has helped is soaking in brown vinegar and warm water and trying to elevate it. The Orthopedic Dr. is sending me back to therapy but, in light of the shelter in place order there's no telling when I I'll be going. Do you have any idea what may have happened to cause this?

• Posted

absolutely I am with you I had a tkr revision in Sept 2019 now I have pain from back into foot. I never got extension in leg and have seen spine Dr and podiatrist I am not a Dr but I can figure out it is caused by the way I walk in pain 24/7

• Posted

absolutely I am with you I had a tkr revision in Sept 2019 now I have pain from back into foot. I never got extension in leg and have seen spine Dr and podiatrist I am not a Dr but I can figure out it is caused by the way I walk in pain 24/7

• Posted

so sorry you're in pain just like me.

I don't wish it to my worse enemies.

I can hardly sleep, bothers to walk.

can't wait to be the person I was before.

• Posted

Sleeping help...

Sleeping After a TKR

A full recovery usually takes a year...but nobody tells you that up front. Therefore, we all have expectations and timetables in our heads. Get rid of them....they only screw you up. Yes, the pain is real and must be dealt with but it all goes away in time. You have to give the knee that time to heal.

Post this on your fridge...

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.