I have been lightheaded and ears ringing for one year now

Posted , 86 users are following.

I started having symptoms a year ago. I was driving and all of a sudden I thought I was having a stroke. My vision went blurry, my ears started ringing and I got so dizzy I had to pull off the road. To this day, it has not gone away and has gotten worse. I have pressure in my ears, like they are full and they both ring constantly. My vision has changed in my left eye and it's blurry and I have double vision in that eye. It is so bad that it causes me a lot of anxiety. I have made an emergency trip to the hospital because I thought I was dieing. I have had MRI, CT, ENT, ENG, VNG tests done. I have seen 18 doctors and the only thing they can tell me is that I have lost my balance sensation in one ear that is causing my dizziness and unstableness. My legs are weak and shake and I would not dare stand on a ladder right now. I have been thru Vestibular Therapy exercises and they did not help. I am miserable and it has affected my daily function in life and is causing me to lose time at my job. My family is feeling the replicutions of my sickness too. I just want to feel NORMAL again. My brain is not working right and I have the sensation of falling all the time in my head. It is such a weird feeling and I can't fall asleep unless I take a sleeping pill and even now, I am waking up like I am falling. The ENT doctor has not made a diagnosis but I am taking some medicine to try to dry up fluid in my ears. Its hard to walk in a busy store without feeling dizzy or unstable and my vision is so off I can't see. I have had thoughts of not wanting to live like this anymore, that is how awful this disease or whatever this is I have is. Does anyone else have these symptoms or a diagnosis or maybe some ideas on how I can control it? 

Thank you 

2 likes, 138 replies

138 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I might not be saying this right but Have them check the crystals in your ears, they can be loose, and can have you feeling these symptoms
  • Posted

HI BRENDA I HAVE THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS IF NOT MORE.I HAVE BEEN OUT OF MY JOB 7MONTHS NOW.I AM A BUS DRIVER IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.NOW IM ABOUT TO BE SEEING A NEUROLOGIST.I PRAY FOR ALL TO SPEEDY Recovery.I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MENIERE'S DISEASE NOW THE 2ND DR.SAYS VESTIBULAR DISORDER SMH NOW NEUROLOGIST.GOOD LUCK

• Posted

I have been having these symptoms for about a month. I don't know how some amazing people here have dealt w/it for years.

Has anyone on this post ever been diagnosed w/a fungal infection of sinuses or ears? What about biotoxins or 'sick building syndrome' (basically mold exposure)?

Do doctors not address or consider this?

• Posted

Hi Brenda

I have just happened to come across your post.

I have had the exact symptoms as you plus the feeling that i am walking on a bouncy pillow.

Mine started out of the blue four years ago. I was sent to ENT who found nothing but gave me some exercises to do! I had an MRI scan which showed a small bleed on the brain but was told that half of all people over 50 will show a small bleed! I had a seven day ECG pack fitted, an echo cardiogram and my carotid artery checked, I've had heart and lungs checked numerous times, many blood tests and still no definite diagnosis. The neurologist suggested it could be Vestibular migraine which doesn't necessarily come with the banging headache. All the symptoms we have being the aura.

I'm interested to hear whether things have improved for you since you posted this or if you have a diagnosis now.

Regards

Sally.

• Posted

I was wonderng the same thing about Brenda. 

Hopefully she responses 

• Posted

brenda!! I have been dealing with this for four months STRAIGHT, day and night with severe hypoglycemia too rolleyes I am still in the midst of much testing. I am wondering if you or anyone has found any kind of relief?? I do think hormones has something to do with mine. I have many hormone imbalance symptoms and stress triggered this non-stop episode that is debilitating my life and i am a mother of 2 young ones. Would love to hear an update on anyone, could use some hope <3

• Posted

HI BRENDA SORRY TO HEAR BUT, I TOO HAVE THE SAME COMPLAINTS AN IT WILL BE 11MONTHS MAY 4TH I BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR VESTIBULAR DYSFUNCTION IT HAS AFFECTED MY CAREER.DRS REALLY DONT SEEM TO HAVE A SOLUTION .GOOD LUCK
  • Posted

Hi Brenda. I have that same ringing. I also get dizzy in the busy market. So dizzy I gotta get out fast. I also feel like I'm going to die sometimes' Or pass out. It's scary I know. I even get bad headaches as well. I think they call it Tinnitus. I was a roadie and a musician (Bass player) And a construction worker witch can cause this. So don't feel alone. And when it get's real bad use a cold wash cloth on the back of your neck and your forehead. Seem's to help me alot. But doesn't cure it. Also pray and ask God to take it away. I due alot.

• Posted

Hi ..Brenda I know how you feel because i go through the same thing for the past 3 years the difference is that I have never been seen by a Dr or gone through no test lack of money and health insurance I started this since one Dr gave me medicine for Diabetic which I don't have, she gave one first to take i call her and told her the medicine got me very sick , then she gave another it was worst stomach cramping feeling very dizzy call her again and explained what was happening she ok let me give you insulin I said to the Dr NO!!! I'm not a diabetic or a ginny pig then she said fine I'm not your Dr no more , so here I am suffering from this problem but I read on the internet on my phone all home remedies I can find I found that lemonaid not to sweet works , fresh strawberries with plain or vanilla yogurt works Canada Dry Gingerale works even fresh ginger works all of this remedies are for dizzy spells for the eyes I put thin slices of cucumber to relax them a bit that what do but I know how awful it feels and scary too this problem has taken my life over it has repralized my life completely I'm sad I cry alot feel lonely no one understands 😔 I had a active life my dancing , exercise, driving is a big no , the shopping is a no , but no one will ever understand this if their not going through it but I do say this I miss being me the fun person I was , I pray to God to take care of me because I want keep going for me and my family .

• Posted

HI I ALSO HAVE THESE SYMPTOMS.YOUR STORY WAS SO HEART TOUCHING I PRAY THAT GOD KEEPS YOU COVERED

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.