I have been on fluoxetine for three weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

i need help. I have been on flux for three weeks. my head is going mad. It's like I am on another planet. I have no appetite, though I do eat a little food. I am constantly on edge, worried about my future. I can't stand being alone. I want this feeling to go away. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, which I am hoping she will enlighten me. My sleep is terrible. Anxious too. I wish I could feel normal. 

D

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please don't worry. This is normal and you'll soon feel the benefits of fluoxetine. They can make you feel worse before you feel better but this will improve and the side effects should also subside xx
    • Posted

Thank you Vanessa for your words.  I am so anxious at the moment. I can't relax, concentrate on anything. My good friend neighbour is helping me get through this, but it's very hard for him.  I have been on these pills before about 8 years ago and I think they took about 3-4 weeks to kick in, but i am a lot older now and may be they will take longer? I hope they kick in soon. This is a terrible feeling. Thank you once again. Also one other thing it seems that morning times are worse.  Evening times I tend to relax  better generally.

Thank you

D

• Posted

Hi Deborah

As Vanessa says - what you are experiencing is normal for the first weeks of Flu. Your post touched me and brought back memories of getting on to Flu myself. Generally speaking, what you were experiencing that persuaded your GP to prescribe Flu will be magnified in the first weeks. The trick is to stay with it and things will get bettter and better. One day you will realise you feel happy and a bit later, that you feel joy again.

The bad news is that it a few weeks, eight to twelve is typical but it can be a lot sooner. I was over the worst after three weeks. A year later and my 'normal' is the best I can remember in my life - a long one.

Take courage - and grit and determination - stay the course and you will come out the other end, happy again.

I hear loud and clear the awful place you're in at the moment and my heart is with you.

• Posted

Thank you Carl, As what I replied to Vanessa. This feeling is the worst I have felt in my life. I don't have suicidal thoughts, but I do feel like falling asleep and never to wake up!!  I have a lovely little dog and I can't even look after him at the moment, my brother has him, though I did see him today. I find motivation v difficult too. Please flux kick in. I am desperate to feel normal again. 

Thank you Carl.

• Posted

I was the same.....l so anxious, panic attacks, couldn't bare to be alone .....it will get better in a week or 2 you should see a difference. It's awful to go through but you will end up feeling so much better. Never far away if you need a chat. Xx
  • Posted

By the way Deborah, what dosage are you on and when do you take them ? Xx
    • Posted

Vanessa,

thanks for replying  quickly. I am on 20mg. I am in bed feeling exhausted. My friend neighbour is at home and I need to go over there and spend the night, as I hate being alone. He does not have wifi, although I have my mobile. I must switch off and get some rest. 

Thanks 

again

• Posted

I thought I mentioned 20mg.  I have just come home to my bed to try and be alone. Had a panic attack in the night. Just worrying all the time abt things work, money, things I need to achieve this week, just ordinary stuff that I could easily do normally. This is flaming dreadful. I have no dam appetite. I feel completely out of control. I feel like a child,  hope yo hear fm u later. 
    • Posted

Vanessa,

how did you cope in the mornings😰😰😰 I am so low. I am desperate to feel normal. Any advice wld be nice. I want to go do some exercise, but motivation is v hard. I am hungry, but don't feel like eating, but I know I have to. Help 😰😰😰 D

• Posted

Morning Deborah. I found night time worse than day time. And had so many panic attacks. It is awful and you really can't explain to people that haven't experienced it. I used to take my tablet in the morning so dr changed it to me taking it at night. It did help surprisingly so maybe if your bad time is morning and you take them in morning try taking it a little earlier? Hope the go gives you some reassurance today. You will get better although at the moment you probably find that hard to believe. Take care x
    • Posted

Thank you for your support. I am at my lowest ever. I am with my friends. I don't have any interest in anything. I wish these pills would kick in.

• Posted

Hi Deborah I'm on day 17 and my anxiety has been through the roof too but not all the time mostly at night. My head is a mess can't relax thoughts racing! Then I feel sick which triggers my anxiety and visa versa!

All I want to do is sleep and have no appetite.

I have found breathing exercises really work to take your mind off the thoughts and back to the body.

I feel you I can't wait for these pills to work and not feel scared anymore.

You feel so alone but clearly there are lots of people going through the same thing.

Kindest regards

Alice ❤️

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate yr words. I am so low and lonely, though I am with my two close friends.

What is the link?

D

• Posted

hi deborah, i feel you where you at, i am going on my 5th week on flu and let me tell you it gets better, first 3 weeks i was very nauseas panicky and so down in the mornings, throughtout the day i just felt out of this planet, hang in there, ppl here are very encouraginng and helpful thats helped me alot too smile
    • Posted

It's on u tube. Google this and it's first video that comes up someone's hands in their mouth.

EXCELLENT ANXIETY CLEARING MEDITATION

Hope it helps you too I'm gonna do it again tonight as it really did clear the anxiety. Let me know.

Peace wished for us both 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.