i have been suffering gerd with sinus, head and neck pressure, blurry vision, difficulty swallowing

Posted , 23 users are following.

i am really worried now about my condition, i feel dizziness and head and neck pressure all the time,my head is like very heavy. i also feel that may neck is being squeezed,i can not do my daily routine now. I can not walk even in the park because i feel dizzy and had feeling of faint..i also got difficulty swallowing which is very bad..i also got blurry vision and i can feel the pressure in my sinus and eyes which is very hard to live like these everyday..on monday, i will do blood test..are these all symptoms related to gerd?please help me..

5 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your symptoms may all be attributable to reflux but it's worth checking with your doctor for any other underlying problems.

Find the chapter on extra-oesophageal reflux in the www DownWithAcid org uk book / website.

• Posted

thankyou barretts, yeah I am still on the process of ruling all out my symptoms with my doctor..and on monday i will do blood testing..thanks mate,,
  • Posted

Maybe, but they can also be a sign of anxiety and sinus. Normaly anxiety is connected to reflux and vs versa. I had all 3, still have sinus under control and reflux.  But for many months I lived 24/7 dizzy and with pressure on my head.  Now that is al gone, but I still have the heaviness on the chest with breathing problems because of this.  75% reflux, 25% anxiety. I did deep breathing and got better but it took months.
    • Posted

thankyou papote53, did you feel also blurred vision and pressure in the eyes? When you were still had all the symptoms, did you do your daily routine without problem?
    • Posted

I had some of the symptoms like the blurred vision and completely dizzy.  I do not mean light headed, I mean dizzy. The only time I had a brake from this was at night when I slept. Now, I was never nauseated and never have.  I'm retired but I do have 2 small kids so I have my share of work which I was actually limited because anxiety made it worse. Going to the store or even medical apointments became a headache. So no, it was not easy to do the daily routine. ;-(    But after a few months and lots of deep breathning (biofeedback) it was gone. I still have the chest problem which makes my breathing hard all day long, In my case they found mild reflux on my esophagos and throat but PPI's did not work. I also get lots of back pain because I have to lay back to breath better and even eat so my back is sore. Is a contradiction because reflux does not allow me to lay back after eating, and I can't breath good if I don't. Now, keep in mind I do have chronic sinus with mild congestion which was part of the problem.   Going back to PPI's, I remember 2 1/2 years ago when this all started I told the Doc I had heartburn like twice monthly, and he gave me PPI's plus 3 more medications.  Back then I was 50 pounds heavier, half muscle, healthy and I was taking no medications at all before that.  My suggestion is to look for natural remedies before they load you on medications. ;-)
    • Posted

thankyou so much Papote53..I think there is really a big problem regarding in my health..there is something wrong with me..its really hard to live like this everyday..
    • Posted

It is, your first step is to see your primary so he can guide you in the right direction.  Just don't go crazy with medications because this can be as simple as eating better or a vitamin deficiency  in some cases but Doctors are not knowledgeable when it comes to nutrition. :-)
    • Posted

i feel relax because of your informations and advice, I will keep you posted about the result of my bloodtest on monday..thankyou so much:-)
    • Posted

Wow

I have been going thrubthe same feelings for a month now. Had a couple anxiety attacks(I think) few months ago here and there. Then 2 months ago woke up felt the same expecting it to go away but never did. Only to devolve heartburn and reflux couple weeks later.

Any tips that might help??

Appreciated

Thanks

• Posted

thankyou so much Barretts and papote53 for the info..I am really worried because I can not eat because I always feel nauseated..I really dont know whats going on because when I do light task like cooking I get feel diizzy and nauseated and I cant finish cooking..
  • Posted

Hi louie I had a bad flare up about a month ago now.. I'm still not right but I too have many of your symptoms. I've done alot of reading. My body is now very sensitive to pain due to gut problems , and anxiety is caused by obv your own thoughts and a study has proven by imbalances in gut bacteria. My best advice is try to make time for yourself. I bought one of them cheap hot tubs really feel better after it. The benifits are quite shortlived as I need this everyday to relax lol. The hard thing is believing you don't have anything serious as your gut makes you feel just awful. I hope your blood tests are OK. I'm having some done too and I hope they prove I have an allergy or something as I want this fixed lol. Really just to assure you I have felt numbness in my head tingling fingers content roseca. Sometimes head pressure aches neck aches chest pain.. really annoying illness this is....
    • Posted

hello richard, nice knowing that I am not alone with this kind of health problem. By the help of GOd, we all get rid of this problem..Thankyou for the advice Richard..I am just worried because I cannot do my daily routine at the moment and that was scary..
    • Posted

I have to keep telling myself that it's because my body is concentrating on the pain that this is why I'm more aware of it.. it's very hard to do and it is really scary. Ive only took myself to hospital once if you haven't been then your doing really well. I don't take anything for anxiety as I believe it's better managed by me not a pill. I just sit and do nothing when y thoughts start to race. Or I come on here smile I hope you stay strong.. just remember if it's something bad then your body will cope better if your calm. I believe now that all of my symptoms are caused by my gut problems and this makes me feel bad and then I add to it myself I've never kept a food diary but I believe that my body is trying to tell me it can't eat something.., just can't work out what...

• Posted

By the way food started to make me anxious... maybe this is why you couldn't cook and started to feel awful.
    • Posted

yeah thats true Richard..i like your positiveness..its really inspirational..thankyou very much,,i will keep you updated whatever the result of my tests..
    • Posted

regarding cooking, maybe..but what about when I was walking in the park and suddenly i felt dizzy and nauseated, and i feel very cold that i seemed like i am going to faint, I sat down and I was thinking to dial 999 but I was really stayed calm and strong tried to walk back home but i did stop walking many times beacause I felt weak and dizzy..I dont know why..
    • Posted

I like to think I can control my emotions, I do believe my gut is attributing to anxiety. I mean after I get out my hot tub I feel so relaxed. But it only takes a small thing and I'm tense again but I don't notice... its taking me nearly a full hour to relax my muscles in the tub... not got any better yet I might add exercise into my routine. I worry about everything. All the time lol but can't help it.

I went faint when I was playing with my boys. But I was constantly worrying that exercise would kill me and the docs possibly miss diagnosed me lol.. sound familiar or am I on my own lol. I had heart burn after a sinfully burns your throat etc.... so why is this pain completely different. I trust the docs are doing there best but in terms of emotional support the nhs in uk needs a shake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.