i have been suffering gerd with sinus, head and neck pressure, blurry vision, difficulty swallowing

Posted , 23 users are following.

i am really worried now about my condition, i feel dizziness and head and neck pressure all the time,my head is like very heavy. i also feel that may neck is being squeezed,i can not do my daily routine now. I can not walk even in the park because i feel dizzy and had feeling of faint..i also got difficulty swallowing which is very bad..i also got blurry vision and i can feel the pressure in my sinus and eyes which is very hard to live like these everyday..on monday, i will do blood test..are these all symptoms related to gerd?please help me..

5 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

We all hope for the best but we can't jump to conclution that is all anxiety and if we do nothing and just wait for it to go away without knowing if you have a real condition it will make anxiety even harder.  So the best way to control anxiety and put it to rest is by going to a Doctor and have all the test done.  When this all started my anxiety was really high because I dd not know if I had a condition, then after being cleared by my Pulmo and Cardio my anxiety got lower and I took control.  Not knowing and the fear that comes with that is what makes anxiety worse. ;-)
    • Posted

i will, i will fight for this anxiety..and thanks God I found this forum and you all guys...i feel kinda relief knowing that i am not alone...I will stay on this forum everyday to learn more helpful things to get rid off my condition..
    • Posted

And above all, guess who was there all the time I needed a lift?   Yes, God! He is always there. ;-)
    • Posted

Hi I just read your post and can also relate to your issues right now I get pressure in my head and ears sore neck shoulders chest and arms some I think from my stomach and some because I'm always tense and worried about what is going on. I also get blurred vision and dizzy/lightheadedness this seems worse hour or so after I've eaten. I have anxiety now with this as I worry its my heart or something else but doctor explained that your stomach controls so much and when there is an imbalance it can affect your whole body
    • Posted

hello Lynsey, /i know what you feel right now, me too has anxiety because of my condition..so how are you at the moment lynsey? do you still do your daily routine? me, im in trouble doing my daily routine bacause i get dizzy and nauseated when i do light tasks..its very hard....
    • Posted

Hi I'm okay sometimes other times its bad I find I feel quite sick in morning I start burping as soon as I get out if bed and feel nauseous I usually feel slightly better just after I've eaten but then about an hr later I feel rubbish dizzy discomfort in stomach and chest and a lot of burping. I have to try and do my daily routine as I have. 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and I work part time so I'm quite busy but it is a struggle I get so scared with these symptoms would never have thot they were due to stomach but apparently they are. My doctor said would sent me for an endoscopy if I want but wanted me to try tablets omeprazole first I've been taking them for 4 weeks but not really any change x
    • Posted

you need to undergo endoscopy lynsey find  out what is going on about your reflux..hope the tablets will work for you well...regarding my case, i am really losing my apetite as well..sometimes i feel weak..i am really worried now..
    • Posted

Hi Lynsey, I learned recently that anxiety, reflux, and excessive burping can be caused my h pylori bacteria in thr gut which can be diagnosed by a breath test you request from your doctor. Some people develop anxiety after h pylori infection and it cascades from there. Mastic gum and probiotics are seem to be the best natural treatment as conventional antibiotics are not very effective. Something to look into!

• Posted

Our stomachs are our second brain. I am going thrubthis now and have listened to some Healing meditation which I think is amazing! Might be BS but it makes me feel better. Also appreciate the times I was fine and hope to get back to normal. I know I will appeciate everything much more.

Good luck

I am going thru hell right now also

• Posted

Have you been checked for a hiatal hernia? I have several of the same symptoms and have learned that a hiatal hernia is causing many of my symptoms.
    • Posted

I have not filmed yet or undergo endoscopy..I hope my doctor will refer me to a gastro dr. or ENT doctor...how are ypou at the moment Onebratt?
  • Posted

How did everything go? I have been feeling the same except blurry vision.
  • Posted

Hi Louie for the past month I have been suffering with GERD, I went to the doctors (maybe a mistake) and was prescribed Lansaprazole (PPI) to be taken once daily, after 2 weeks I actually felt worse with heartburn/chest pain sore throat so i went back to docs who put me on 2 Lansaprazole a day, after a few days i stopped taking them as i was convinced they were making me worse, i was panicking, stressed about what I can and can't eat so last Monday I went back to the docs and told him the tablets weren't working, he said that me panicking and googling all the time was making it worse and to put my mind at ease he booked me in for and Endoscopy, i also showed him that I had white fungus on my tounge (oral thrush) so I was prescribed Fluconozole anti fungal tablets, for two weeks, after a few days of taking them my throat felt slightly better, had my healthy tea, then when I laid down in bed my throat seemed to get worse and then I started getting muscle twitching at the top of my left breast, went to emergency doctors then A+E, as I was sat waiting in A+E my head started buzzing then I had blurred vision in one eye for about 15mins, when I finally saw a doctor they couldn't find anything wrong and put it down to me stressing about reflux, the next two days were horrendous never felt so depressed in all my life I had to have 2 days off work and even though I went to seaside on the Friday I still had the head buzzing and felt miserable, it wasn't until about 7pm that night I started to come round and the buzzing died down, I had a good sleep and when I woke up sore throat had improved and in the afternoon at a BBQ I managed to eat a burger and two sausages, first time i had an appetite for food like that in weeks, i knew i shouldnt have but I was sick of reflux dictating my life, I was still get muscle twitches though, and it was constantly on my mind, we left the BBQ about 9pm, then I started to get head pressure, and even though I had a good sleep last night I still woke up with head pressure and occasional muscle twitching this morning i am also feeling tired, I am booked in for a blood test on Wednesday, but I am going to try and get in docs before then to explain the twitching and head pressure, sorry for the long paragraph I just wanted to share my story, one thing after another, i just want to feel normal again and lead a normal life, Fed up isn't the word, Thanks for listening.

• Posted

How are you doing Matthew? It seems as there are a number of us with the same symptoms. I am so tired of not feeling right and docs not being able to come up with a solution. Maybe we can lean on each other and share ideas. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.