i have been suffering with severe dizziness for 9 mths feel as if my life is over

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am taking nortriplene which has been no help at all i feel suicidal ive lost my job because of it can any1 help ?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Could you have vertigo or some other inner ear problem? I get migraines but i don't get the dizziness as well. It could be unrelated to your migraines.
    • Posted

I have seen ent 2 neuros noonw seems to know whats wrong with me its scaring me that i got it for the rest of my life
  • Posted

Hi Alison

Don't despair.  It may seem impossible to cope with at the moment but there is hope.  As you have already seen neurologists it is more that probable that it isn't something life threatening.  Could it be vertigo?  I was alarmed when I first had severe symptoms of vertigo.  I was unable to work and retired early on ill health. I know I was fortunate as I was only a few years off from retirement otherwise it could have affected my mental health. I suffer from migraine as well as vertigo (migrainous vertigo).  I'm pleased to say that, although I often have severe attacks it has improved significantly with my current medication.

I hope you have got some support around you.  Again, if it is vertigo you could possibly benefit from seeing a physiotherapist who could give you eye and head movement exercises to regain some balance.

It's hard, I know but do stay strong.  Take each day at a time.

All the best

• Posted

Im trying to stay strong but have been messed around by the doctors for 9mths and still got it severe the nurologist i seen last week is referring me to an audioligist now its just like playing a waiting game thanks to everyone that have wrote to me sad as it sounds i feel really alone with this x
  • Posted

Hi Alison , I was on the same tablets and they kept me up most of the night with nightmares my doctor put me on amitriptyline it's the same family from taking that I was really tired every day if I was not getting at least 6 hours kind of groggy that's been 3 weeks on that and it seems to help not really got any. Other issues with it but don't want to jinx it lol hope it sorts out for you good luck. X
    • Posted

I was on amitriptylene they made me worse thats why they changed up to nortriptiline i felt so ill i paid to see a nuero and he put me on the nortriptaline i have been on them 5mths and no change i am going to see a healer 2moro im so desperate il try anything x
    • Posted

Let me know how that goes!! Hope you get something that works soon. I have heard about acupuncture it's ment to help. figured the next attack I take I may try that give anything a go at least once. X
    • Posted

I am having acupuncture at the moment with the physio dept in the hospital thats how i feel il try anything to get better x
    • Posted

I will so glad i have found this site youve all been so helpfull thank you all x
    • Posted

how is the acupuncture going ?  do you find a difference in using that ? been looking in to alot of different ways to try prevent.Not long had my first attack (previously was migraines minus the numbness and paralysis) and the doctor said you can not stop them once they start really all you / xcan do is try to prevent? not sure if sacupunture would help prevent
    • Posted

I cant say the acupuncture is helping as the physio said i need a lot more before il see the benefit i found the healer yesterday to be really good yesterday though she has eased it and ive been told to drink herbal tea .
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

Of course its entirely possible that the meds are making you dizzy and possibly suicidal as well. 

You have to be firm with the drs I am afraid as they can fob you off if you not careful.

I have hemiplegic migraine and when I get an attack I get dizzy too.

But to me this sounds like your meds.  Go back and insist you try something else.

Good luck and take care.  Keep us informed

• Posted

Ive tried telling my doctor but they dont listen just tell me to keep on with the tablets i am really struggling at the mo it seems never ending thank you for getting in touch and hope you are well now x
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

You have to insist that you really are getting very depressed by the meds and or the fact they arent working,  The dr should recognise you are going way down now and need more help.  Keep at it Alison and remember always support on here for you.

Take care

• Posted

Thank you very much i will go back to the doctors its really a nice change to talk to people thas going through the same hell that i am x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.