I have bronchiectasis and was diagnosed approx. 35 years ago.

Posted , 12 users are following.

When I went to the Chest Clinic some weeks ago I had a routine chest x-ray.

It came back showing some white spots on my lungs. 

I was then sent for a CT scan, and worried whilst waiting for the results.

The Radiologists findings were, that a round new abnormality was found in my left lung. He thinks this is most likely an area of bronchiectasis filled with mucus.

I have to go back to the clinic in six weeks for another x-ray.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced anything similar.

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

that happened to me and they wanted me to ha a deep ct scan to check for something else but apart from my usual infections i was fine no weight loss i explained this to my consultant and he sent me back for an ordinary ct scan he the said because i was wll in my self i was probably right and the white spots were a result of recurrent infections over the autum and winter i now take doxycyline all the time as i experienced the same this winter
    • Posted

hi Kathleen, I have not been on this site for awhile, so only just today seen your reply.

Thank you, it is good to hear from someone who understands what you are going through.

I didn't know that white spots can be caused by recurrent infections I just thought it was something really serious at the time.

I am quite stable at the moment, doing all the right things and keeping as well as I can be. Hope things are going well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.