I Have BV and am a virgin

Posted , 9 users are following.

hey guys,

im 18 and have started having symptoms of bv 2 years ago. At first i thought nothing of it, but the smell and the discharge just got worse overtime. I'm so embarrassed by it, i constantly feel self-conscious and am constantly scared others can smell me. I have refrained from sexual activities because it really hit my self-confidence, and i have cried over having bv.

I finally build up the courage to go to the doctors a few months ago, and they told me that it was impossible i had BV or an infection because i had never had sex or did not engage in sexual activity. Symptoms stayed the same, so i went to get tested. The tests came back negative, but the doctor gave me Flagyl anyways. Flagyl did absolutely nothing.

I've tried boric acid and it helps with odor and discharge but isnt a permanent solution...

I'm planning to go back and get tested again, because all my symptoms point towards bv!

I really need advice on what worked for you guys, because it's really starting to take a toll on the way i feel 😦

let me know!! it would be very much appreciated

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ive been soaking tampons some boining water with seasalt for 30 min than inserting it once a day for an hour or 2 fir over 5 days. no discharge or smell. has to be sea salt. i do this for 5 days after my period ends and im bv free for the entire month. ive done this twice already and so far so good.

• Posted

I've watched a youtube video about how someone got cured from sea salt, didnt know if it was true! But now I am going to try it and keep you updated, thank youu!!

• Posted

yes it works!!! plz keep us updated. ive found tampn method works best

• Posted

Yes will do!! I'm going to buy the sea salt first and then will try this method bc im so desperate!

• Posted

hey! i know ive been MIA for a while, but i tried the tampon soaked in sea salt and it did really reduce the discharge but after i stopped it, my bv came back 😦 thank you tho!

• Posted

what kind of sexual activities you talking about ? but you a virgin. and it really doesn't matter if you are or not you still can have it. its all about your pH balance. do your research it will tell alot. but for me the boric acid helps me to thats about it.

• Posted

I meant like from kissing to anything further as "sexual" activities. Yeah i've heard that bv has a 4.5ph and higher but not sure how to test it effectively unless i go to the doctors

• Posted

will do! Going to the doctors tomorrow to see what else they can do

• Posted

ask for the (i think this is what its called) oneswab maybe. its a teat they have to send off and it breaks down each bacteria you have. you could have strep B or ecoli. look them up. i had bv for years before i found out about this test and sure enough i didnt just have BV. my doctor knew about this teat but didnt order it til i asked but he was finally able to cure mine.

• Posted

abstinence until you heal all the way. seems as if you can't get rid if you keep having sex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.