I Have BV and am a virgin

Posted , 9 users are following.

hey guys,

im 18 and have started having symptoms of bv 2 years ago. At first i thought nothing of it, but the smell and the discharge just got worse overtime. I'm so embarrassed by it, i constantly feel self-conscious and am constantly scared others can smell me. I have refrained from sexual activities because it really hit my self-confidence, and i have cried over having bv.

I finally build up the courage to go to the doctors a few months ago, and they told me that it was impossible i had BV or an infection because i had never had sex or did not engage in sexual activity. Symptoms stayed the same, so i went to get tested. The tests came back negative, but the doctor gave me Flagyl anyways. Flagyl did absolutely nothing.

I've tried boric acid and it helps with odor and discharge but isnt a permanent solution...

I'm planning to go back and get tested again, because all my symptoms point towards bv!

I really need advice on what worked for you guys, because it's really starting to take a toll on the way i feel 😦

let me know!! it would be very much appreciated

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Change the soap u use stop taking baths n change your diet eat more fruits veggies and wipe front to back .

• Posted

hey guys! sorry its been a while and i have not been able to update anyone yet. Sadly, no good news. I've tried everything you guys requested: cranberry pills, salt water, changing soaps and laundry detergent, took some vitamin c and d, and much more.

It bothered me still a lot so i went to go see a second GYN, got tested again, again it came back negative. They told me that i was completely normal and that sometimes that's just how people are.

Honestly, its so depressing to hear that you dont have anything wrong but have a vagina that acts like it does. The smell, the discharge everything is still there and i dont feel confident enough to ever be intimate with anyone and i just lost all hope lol.

if anyone has discovered anything new, let me know!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.